Search results

1. Skyjumper

Rheem Pro leaking at 8yrs

I installed two Rheem Professional 50gal WHs 8 yrs ago. Today one of them started leaking. I know very little about water heaters, but I'm not happy I only got 8yrs out of these. I'm guessing the other will go soon enough. Are the 12yr heaters at HD better? or are you just paying for a...
  2. Skyjumper

Katalox + Clack + Ozone = success!

I have FINALLY found a winning combination for my Fe filter. 3 months ago I finally broke down and put a Clack Ozone valve on my KL tank and haven't had a trace of Iron (or H2S) coming out the filter since. I've been drinking the water straight out of the filter, before the softener, and it is...
  3. Skyjumper

Bad air check?

was doing maintenance on my softener and noticed the brine air check valve didn't seem to close. there was a constant slow draw of some brine and air bubbles even after the brine was fully sucked into the softener. last time I did this I seem to recall the air check would shut with a thud and it...
  4. Skyjumper

Cleaning this Fleck 5000 FE valve

this is the valve body from my fleck 5000 Fe filter. the problem was water draining to discharge with the air charge present. releasing the air charge stops the leak. new seals, piston, brine valve, air injector did not help. it was suggested there is an internal check valve in the 5000 valve...
  5. Skyjumper

Time to replace softener resin?

I have a 10x54 softener with Clack WS1 valve. The unit is 6yrs old. Our well water is 32 gpg hardness and 3ppm iron. We have an Fe filter with Katalox media that removes much of the iron (but not all of it). We use about 150 gals/day and the Fe filter is passing about 0.8ppm Fe by the end of the...
  6. Skyjumper

What size DLFC is this?

from a Fleck 5000
  7. Skyjumper

Fleck 5000 now leaking

I recently did a rebed of my Fe filter (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/change-fe-filter-to-katalox.81045/) . Now it has a new problem --- water discharging from the drain line after the unit backwashes and goes back into service. If I relieve the air charge by manually cycling...
  8. Skyjumper

Crystal Clean iron remover

I fear I may get flamed for this, but has anyone used this product? https://www.crystalclean.us/ I can find no information on what's in it. since my iron filter is no longer working I am thinking of trying this while I consider options to repair or replace the Fe filter. I've tried super iron...
  9. Skyjumper

Trick to remove anode?

trying to replace my anode but can't get the old one out. the heater is 5yrs old. I even bought a new high power air impact driver but no dice. I could get a 10ft pipe on the end of my breaker bar but I think that would just tear the whole thing out from the plumbing. there's got to be a trick...
  10. Skyjumper

Effluent filter install

I'd like to install a PVC filter at the output of my tank but the original concrete baffle is in the way. it looks corroded (see pic). can I just take a hammer and chisel and break it apart to make room for the PVC filter?
  11. Skyjumper

Change Fe Filter to Katalox?

I have an AIO iron filter that no longer works. 4yrs old. The valve is a Fleck 5000 I change the seals and air injector every 9 months. I think the media is sludged. I'd like to change it to a Katalox media. Can I do this? How? The raw water is 3mg/l iron.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks