Search results

1. Bob Y.

Gas hot water heater won't light

Hello, Does your hot water tank have a power vent blower? If it does have one, it will need to be replaced even though it may seem to work. If the pilot light does not light, you will need to replace the Honeywell controller. One other thing that you should check is the filter located in the...
  2. Bob Y.

Basement Bathroom Remodel Plumbing Layout...

Hi Scott, I am glad to hear from you again. I really like your layout with the sink next to the toilet. Once you are happy with the exact placement of all of your fixtures, you are now ready to install all of your drain and vent piping. The double sink will need two PVC J-traps, one for each...
  3. Bob Y.

Failing PEX Tee

Hello, These are the main reasons why I WILL NOT use PEX water lines. I DO NOT TRUST THEM. PEX lines tend to also get brittle, and I have known PEX lines to rupture. My advice is to replace all of the water lines with tried and true heavy-wall COPPER water pipes. Copper lines should last...
  4. Bob Y.

Adding second drain for double sink vanity, check my design?

Hello, Do not use PEX RED and BLUE water lines as they will leak in time. They also get brittle and could crack in years to come. I will NOT use them if you paid me to use them. PEX water lines are rather new, and they have been known to leak at the fittings in walls. Please stick to what...
  5. Bob Y.

Stair cavity

Hello, I recommend that you use 3/4" plywood with 5/8" plasterboard on top for durability and fire resistance. Bob
  6. Bob Y.

Help me Id this shower Faucet

Hello Sandy, This could possibly be a Delta faucet. Bob
  7. Bob Y.

Amtrol vs pro select expansion tanks.

Hello, I use Amtrol expansion tanks. I have no experience using Pro Select expansion tanks. What are you using the expansion tanks for? Your hot water tank or your heating system? Whatever you use them for, please make sure that you set the correct bladder air pressure per your application...
  8. Bob Y.

Basement Bathroom Remodel Plumbing Layout...

Hello Scott, Yes, vent pipes look good. I do not see a problem with the pipe layout as shown. However, even though your layout is good, I would strongly suggest that you run a dedicated vent pipe for the toilet and disconnect it from the sink and shower vent pipe. Also, you may wish to...
  9. Bob Y.

Need some input on fixing pressure/flow for multiple shower heads.

Hello Michael, Yes, a booster pump will do the job. However please make sure that the head pressure is not greater than 65 to 75 psi maximum. If head pressure is greater than that, you will start to wear out or blow out the rubber washers in all of your valves and plumbing fixtures throughout...
  10. Bob Y.

Securing a Grohe rough-in box (retrofit)

Hello, Please use wall mollies and copper or plastic U-clamps around the hot and cold water pipes, two clamps per pipe. This should hold the pipes in place. Bob
  11. Bob Y.

Securing a Grohe rough-in box (retrofit)

Hello, Please use wall mollies and copper or plastic
  12. Bob Y.

Sewer issue, I think they want to pay for their mistake.

Hello Steve, I agree. Please have the plumbing company come out to remove their broken auger, and you should be fine. Bob
  13. Bob Y.

New Reverse Osmosis - Gurgling at sink

Hello, By looking at your pipes, it seems that you need to put a vent pipe after the J-trap. You will need to install a T-pipe first, approximately four or five inches after the J-trap, and put it in line with the drain pipe. You may need to cut two inches or so out of the drain pipe to make...
  14. Bob Y.

Gas pipe question

Hi R. Miller, Yes, the gas pipe should be installed straight so that it will not stress the pipe and the fittings that are attached to the gas pipe line. Please keep in mind that by keeping the gas pipe straight, it will assure you that the gas line will not be under any stress. Also, keeping...
  15. Bob Y.

Water heater shuts off when cold water open

Hi Chris. On your system there is a temperature set point adjustment to set the temperature of the hot water. It seems that the set point is set too close to the cold water input temperature. Check the manual for set point adjustment and readjust it to a higher temperature set point. If that...
  16. Bob Y.

Condo needs help preventing electric hotwater heater leaks and damage

Hello, My name is Bob. I am the inventor of the Talking Water Tank Minder. My invention is presently being used in New Jersey. It is a brand-new product that took three years to develop and patent. My invention prevents a failing hot water tank from damaging your apartment, house, or condo due...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks