Search results

1. adsforpay

Separating Ground & Neutrals to Create Subpanel

I knew all of that. Look at the original post. My question is, how to isolate the neutrals in the panel box I have? Can I mount a bus bar to the back wall of the box?
  2. adsforpay

OK, I understand all that. But that still leaves my current main panel being changed to a sub panel. So how do I separate the grounds and neutrals?
  3. adsforpay

Is there a difference between "service entrance" rated and "service equipment" rated?
  4. adsforpay

The generator is a Kohler 14RESA, the transfer switch is a Kohler RXT service entrance rated, NEMA 3R, with a circuit breaker behind a door. It will be mounted externally, next to the meter. Current wires from meter to main panel in the house will be rerouted to the transfer switch. New wires...
  5. adsforpay

Neutral and Ground Bus Mixed

This is not really related to the original question... but I couldn't help but notice... On the top row of breakers, on the left is a 30A two pole labeled "Dryer", with what looks like 10Ga wire. Which is fine, but using those wires as a size comparison, on the right end of that same row of...
  6. adsforpay

The transfer switch has a main breaker (disconnect), so it becomes the main and any panel beyond that is a sub panel.
  7. adsforpay

I am installing a standby generator. I am using a service entrance rated automatic transfer switch with a main breaker/disconnect. With this arrangement, my current main panel becomes a subpanel. This is a picture of the neutral/ground bus bars in the main panel. As you can see, they are...
  8. adsforpay

PEX and Copper

unions for PEX to coper The big home stores (Lowe's/Home Depot) have plastic compression unions for what you want to do. If you dislike the plastic they have brass compression fittings for the copper, which you can join to a PEX fitting, either with a close nipple or use male threads on one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks