Search results

1. Mev

Manual J contractor

I'm in Northeast Massachusetts. We have gotten some estimates on a mini-split system with 2 heads. This is not for the whole house, it is just what we can afford to do at this time, and to tackle the 2 worst areas in the house during the summer. Heating during the winter would be a positive, but...
  2. Mev

Noisy Grundfos Pump

I have a noisy Grundfos UPS26-99FC pump. Sort of a clunky sound when running. A few months ago it had locked up, but switching the pump to high speed got it running again. But, then the noise started increasing. So I ordered a replacement cartridge from supplyhouse. I noticed about 3/32" play in...
  3. Mev

Intake/Exhaust piping issue with Navien NHB-150

The original installer piped the intake and exhaust from my Navien NHB-150 incorrectly according to a new plumber we called out for maintenance. The town inspected and OK'd the installation. I've attached a picture of the outside piping. The intake comes out of the house on the right of the...
  4. Mev

To flush or not to flush Navien NHB-150

I have gotten 2 different opinions on flushing my Navien NHB-150 boiler during annual service. The installer, who no longer services or installs boilers, would flush the system during maintenance. A new plumber who came out says it is not necessary to flush. I looked at the Navien website...
  5. Mev

Navien NHB-150 water temp over 200 degrees

Got a call from my wife that the heating system was not working. The display on the boiler was garbled and flashing red. She turned the power off and on, and it seemed to reset, but the water tank is calling for heat and the display is showing 200 to 204 degrees and around 9psi. Also, she says...
  6. Mev

State heat pump water heater keeps running

I have the Sense Monitor and application so I can trace appliance electrical usage. I've searched the titles in this forum, but could not find a match to this problem. State HPX-66-DHPT installed in basement, lows 60s year round, tank temperature set to 125 degrees, whole house soft water...
  7. Mev

Kohler one-piece aquapiston gasket leak

After about 5 years our Kohler one-piece toilet started refilling the tank on its own. I bought a new seal and replaced the old one even though the old one looked good. Still leaked. I took the complete aquapiston out. The gasket looked old and the leak was between the gasket and the toilet, so...
  8. Mev

Call for DHW, but Navien NHB-150 burner does not turn on

We had the logic board replaced on our NHB-150. I set the parameters back to what I had for a custom curve using the outdoor temperature sensor. Heating the baseboards has been working fine, but today I noticed that the burner was not running when the DHW was calling for heat. The Taco SR506-4...
  9. Mev

How could return water temp be higher than supply

Just converted to Navien NHB-150 boiler from a 30 year old oil boiler. Still just learning and installer is on vacation. I press the display mode button 3 times, until it says info. Press + for the supply temp, 148. Press + again for return and its 149? I know I don't have enough radiation for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks