Search results

1. thevictors51

Hot Water Rescurculation - Multiple Branches

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. thevictors51

Water Softener Discharge Line Re routing

Awesome thank you, I finally got around to installing the discharge. Works like a dream and now less water is pumped into my septic system!
  3. thevictors51

Hot Water Rescurculation - Multiple Branches

Hi, I am trying to figure out a design for a hot water recirculation system with a dedicated return line. Below is a rough drawing of my layout. The farthest sink from my water heater is the kitchen sink. The issue is there are three branches for my house. What I am looking to achieve...
  4. thevictors51

Terminating an Indoor wire in an outdoor Junction Box

I have a switch inside that controls one light inside by the basement sliding door (like a security thing to make it seem like someone is home). I am planning on getting rid of it and wiring a switch to a junction box outside to control some outdoor lights that we would install in the future...
  5. thevictors51

Water Softener Discharge Line Re routing

I am in the process of rerouting my softener discharge line outside my house. My softener is in one corner of the house and my sump pump discharge is on the other side. My sump discharges via and air gap to a buried pipe that runs away from my house. I want my softener discharge to tie into...
  6. thevictors51

Question on "Whole House" sediment filter

This past year I installed a fleck 5600 64K (SST-60 resin) water softener. The previous home owners installed a sediment filter post pressure tank but before the water softener. I was wondering if I need to have a sediment filter or can the Fleck 5600 handle sediment during the backwash...
  7. thevictors51

Varying Pressure after Water Softener Install

Thabks for the replay reach I have a sediment filter after my bladder tank. However that was replaced three weeks agai so that shouldn't have clogged up that quick right? The odd thing is that the spicket in front of my house that is post bladder tank but pre sediment filter seems to have...
  8. thevictors51

Varying Pressure after Water Softener Install

Hi, I recently installed a brand new waster softener (Fleck 5600 SXT 64k grain) and is currently in bypass. The bypass is the plastic one that came with the unit I am on a well with 3/4 inch service lines. I just installed it today and at first the pressure seemed fine. Then I went to...
  9. thevictors51

Help Setting Up Fleck 5600 SXT 64k

Thank you so much that helped a lot. One last thing. During the brine draw stage should the valve be drawing brine the whole time? It got to about 20 mins left and there was little water in the brine tank and I could see small air bubbles going to the valve, so it was still drawing but not...
  10. thevictors51

Reach4 thanks for the reply, I'll plan to add Iron out once in a while. Currently I am using Morton iron fighter salt (green bag). One last question. On my initial settings, I am seeing water over my salt (I added 4 40# bags this weekend). With the settings you provided will that fix the...
  11. thevictors51

Reach4 thanks for the reply. Actual Hardness is 7 grains per gallon Iron: 3ppm I calculated my compensated hardness by 7+(3*5) = 22 grains per gallon. Since I have that Iron I figure a DO of 7 would be good. Thoughts?
  12. thevictors51

Hi, So I recently purchased and installed a water softener with the specs bekow Fleck 5600 sxt 64k grains SST-60 resin Vortec Tank Water information is as follows: Compensated hardness (includes iron) : 22 grains Water source: well. People in house: 3 (2 adults one 2 year old) I was...
  13. thevictors51

Help with Purchasing a Softener

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had my water tested to that depth, the number I posted were the bare minimum requirement for when a house is being sold with a well. I will get the water tested and post back when I get the results. Thank you again for your help.
  14. thevictors51

Thanks for the reply, The filter that is pre softener I believe is for Iron. I forgot to change the filter and when I went change it, it was black then turned orange. I had the water tested post softener for iron and it didn't even change the color of the water during the test so I would...
  15. thevictors51

Hi, My current water softener has gave up the ghost so some information; My house has 7 grains per gallon with an Iron hardness of 3 ppm on a well system. I do have a whole house filter before my softener. I have two full baths with plans to add a 3rd. We currently have two adults and one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks