Search results

1. wascalwabbitt

Too Frequent Regen --268/762 Autotrol

16 Months Later For those who may be interested, my system has performed well with the addition of the new salt deck. It is using about 1 - 1.5 bags of salt per month and pretty much takes out all of the iron. There is a faint trace in the toilet bowl but we are just using a powder iron remover...
  2. wascalwabbitt

Just an update for those who might be interested: The brine well tube slots were fully plugged so on the 10th of November I installed a new salt deck into the brine tank after thoroughly cleaning everything out. Then I thought, this system had performed very good for the first 4 months of use...
  3. wascalwabbitt

Forklifting my water treatment system

I was looking at the Air Pump site which uses the softener media tanks. But my concern is that there isn't a bottom cleanout valve. When that tank gets full of sludge I think it would have to be tipped on end to clean. However, with their top diffuser there should be good mixing of air to water...
  4. wascalwabbitt

Thank you for that thorough explanation. I will have to find the proper tank to purchase as a contact tank. Do you have any preferences?
  5. wascalwabbitt

I am trying to better understand this whole air injection idea. I had not wanted to add air to my new system due to the excessive sludge build up that occurred with my old system. The installer at the time put an air pump (activated during well pump cycle) with a mixing chamber in front of the...
  6. wascalwabbitt

LL, When the pump is off and system full, what do your air pressures read in tank #2 and tank #1 ?
  7. wascalwabbitt

Air injection (Micronizer) Vs air injection at the head.

LL, I have seen your photos well -- pump -- 100 mesh screen -- two parallel micronizers --HP tank acting as pressure tank -- reworked AVC retention tank -- iron filter -- softener -- to house By putting the mixing/hp tank first in line and using it as your 'bladderless' pressure tank HAS this...
  8. wascalwabbitt

Air injection (Micronizer) Vs air injection at the head.

LL, Did you end up adding an air pump? The lady at Air Pump told me its best if the air and water is going in the top of the retention tank. What is your experience. wascal
  9. wascalwabbitt

Where is the air released on your first blue tank? I can see the air release tee on the second grey tank, but it looks like you have plugged the air release with the square d pressure valve on your first blue tank. Please explain. Thanks.
  10. wascalwabbitt

At what pressure would you set that relief valve? (if you did install one)
  11. wascalwabbitt

What is the make of the other tank that your water guy supplied?
  12. wascalwabbitt

If your micronizer plugs, won't you blow the line coming from the pump because your pressure switch is AFTER the micronizer?
  13. wascalwabbitt

Good day all. I finally received a salt deck to place into the bottom of the brine tank and am in process of cleaning the brine tank and starting fresh. The system has been set as per Bannerman’s suggested programming above. How much water should I add to the salt tank to start off ?
  14. wascalwabbitt

How do you get the pump to run for minimum one minute? If it’s currently running for 20 seconds with my FL7 - 22 gal tank wouldn’t I have to go to a tank 3 times bigger (60gal) in order for the pump to be on for 1 minute? Additionally, is the pump time on dependent of downstream outlet valves...
  15. wascalwabbitt

So am I correct in inferring that this is why a hydropneumatic tank is used instead of a regular pressure tank? Could you please explain the purpose and how exactly an hp tank works?
  16. wascalwabbitt

The brine slots were caked closed. I'm waiting on a 5" high salt deck to place into bottom of brine tank to hopefully solve that issue. The line from the well is at the far left of the photo. The micronizer is downstream from the pressure tank. And placed correctly regarding it's flow direction...
  17. wascalwabbitt

Here's my recently installed micronizer. Why am I not hearing any whistling of the air as it's being drawn in?
  18. wascalwabbitt

I just ran a hardness test and it’s back to where I started before the softener install at 450. So I looked in the salt tank and noticed that the salt seems to be caked and plugging the brine well slots. I tasted the water at the top of the well and there’s no salty taste. It wasn’t until I...
  19. wascalwabbitt

With regards to the use of iron out: --It is in powder form, so do I just put some into the brine tank water tube? And then force a Regen? With regards AIO --I'm leaning the same way, as the iron out seems like a temporary measure. But we'll see how it works.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks