Search results

1. ThomasT

Fleck 5810 keeps draining water

I recently replaced the piston valve of the controller. After that, I noticed that the water softener keeps slowly draining water. Is it normal? It keeps slowly dripping through the drain line even when it is put in bypass. I don't remember the softer acted like this before. The flow indicator...
  2. ThomasT

Fleck 5810 valve assembly

I wonder how exactly should the power head retaining plate be locked into the right position. As shown in the 2nd image with two arrows, should the bottom of the retaining plate covers the top ring pointed by the bottom-up arrow? Or, the placement in the image is fine?! One thing I noticed is...
  3. ThomasT

Fleck controller keeps running

I have had the fleck 5810 sxt based water softener for about 2.5 years. Recently, we start to experience low water pressure once a while. It can be fixed by bypassing the water softener and back. However, the water softener keeps running while regenerating. When I noticed that, I see the display...
  4. ThomasT

Water softener option in SF bay area

We have relatively hard water 17GPG from city ground water. A local Kinetico dealer gives us quote about $5,000 for the 4040 system without installation, and the installation by the dealer is necessary and the charge is about $600. That's really expensive. We recently remodeled our house and our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks