Search results

1. Kolas Dad

No hot water after upgrading to 3/4 copper

You were 100% right. Took me 10 seconds to screw the shower valve shut offs down and sure enough, we now have instant(ish) hot water at all locations. Thanks again.
  2. Kolas Dad

Thanks for the quick response. The shower was roughed in today and I’m pretty certain the valve isn’t installed. First thing in the morning I’ll have a look and let you know. Cheers.
  3. Kolas Dad

Hello, I have just completed the copper repipe at my house, but have unknowingly developed a problem with the hot water. Basically, the only fixture that will get hot (120 degrees - what the tankless is set to) is the bath, the first fixture after the heater. The other fixtures have varying...
  4. Kolas Dad

Proper way to hang sewer pipe

Thanks Jeff... Its more a case of perception and how it looks I think. I have ordered a bunch of 4" clevis hangers, threaded rod and ceiling plates and will get it tidied up. The electrical box is functioning as a big junction box, and we have been tracing out circuits as nothing was labeled...
  5. Kolas Dad

Thanks for the replies. Electrical is being worked on as well. Unbelievably everything (plumbing electrical framing) passed inspections 2 years ago! thanks again.
  6. Kolas Dad

A while back we had a new dwv system installed during a remodel. The main horizontal 4” abs run is supported by braces attached to a 2x6 wall. This wall is being replaced/repaired and I wanted to take this opportunity to address (if necessary) the way the run is supported. To me it looks...
  7. Kolas Dad

Wall mount sink drain height help

Thanks Terry... I thought that might be the case. What about if I flip it and have the bottle trap at the end of the drain like this? https://imgur.com/LEtGlmJ
  8. Kolas Dad

I found this which pretty much seems to do what I am thinking, but would it pass CA code? Its expensive but worth it not to rip out the tiles. https://www.thebathoutlet.com/p-trap-chrome-wall-mounted-p-trap-with-click-clack-drain-remer-985/product/24085
  9. Kolas Dad

We have a bit of a problem with our 2 bathroom remodels.... Originally we had planned regular vanities with vessel sinks, and wall mounted faucets - but after seeing wall mounted sinks, my wife decided she wanted them instead. Problem I have is the drain stub outs are 19" meaning we would have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks