Search results

1. Brian2147

Roots in Drain pipes

Best root killer how often for preventative maintenance etc. how quick do they actually work. Recommend snake tip for cutting/breaking up or grabbing to pull out roots These are all garden drain.
  2. Brian2147

Mysterious slab

Rule out every drain pipe and supply line All the supply lines come through the ceiling, not the gutters or flashing a sprinkler or poor drainage from outside or roof leak. The floor gets visibly damaged but it takes a long time, no puddles. When the planks were removed there was no obvious...
  3. Brian2147

Garage drywall requirements

If someone could point me to some building codes and/or requirements for drywall in California for garages.
  4. Brian2147

Cover p-trap hole

Suggestions how to close up a hole under the sink made for a p-trap. What do people usually do I suppose you could leave it cut a of thin piece wood or plastic that makes it more aesthetic and easy to remove for snaking. I’ve always lucked out and never had to cut through the shelf.
  5. Brian2147

Island vent question

I take this has been done backwards? The trap and foot vent are on the same leg There is also questionable placement of the clean outs in the middle of the cabinet floor that are basically useless until they are notched, someone before made some big mistakes. Is there a way to fix this or...
  6. Brian2147

Countersunk plug removal

Recommendations to remove a countersunk clean out plug( with the rectangle)it’s cast iron so it’s not going to budge that easily, any tips or methods on how to remove it, with out a “special” tool. Would be greatly appreciated
  7. Brian2147

Changing wire colors

Came across a panel with a black wire #6 was wrapped with green tape is this allowed, I believe not if somebody could reference a NEC code. I know there a certain circumstances you can re-identify with certain colors . Thanks in advance.
  8. Brian2147

Texture or primer first

I have read online you can do it both ways. Say it a new wall that was just tapped and finished do prime or texture first does it really matter? If I was retexturing over p aint I would definitely prime and prep to ensure good adhesion, just curious on any input.
  9. Brian2147

Installation Height of vented microwave

If someone can quote some codes. Do the manufacturers instructions take president and become “code” or California building or mechanical code take over. According to the measurements stated online from GE and the instructions manual, all the numbers are in their guidelines, and A LOT Of...
  10. Brian2147

Romex protection

In the kitchen there’s a bare structural post. Going to build it up with wood or Sheetrock and add switches. Does the romex come down from the ceiling need protection( conduit-nail guard etc..) as it runs parallel to the post, or it the post is built up and the wires are set back enough it...
  11. Brian2147

Dishwasher install

Can one hole have the supply, drain and power (not hard wired)through it or does it need to be separate holes.
  12. Brian2147

Electrical grounding

Upgrading my electrical in a triplex . From adding neutrals And grounds and such. Do I need a separate ground from the service disconnect to the panel in my apartment or does the FMC runway handle that.
  13. Brian2147

Is Stack vent needed

Is this 2in waste stack Suppose to vent through the roof. It’s supplies Drainage for 2 kitchen sinks. Pic shows a the waste stack and a very long turn double fixture setting.
  14. Brian2147

Electric water heater plumbing code UPC

Residential Plumbing codes for installing an electric water heater in an apartment. Did some pipe rework and going to install the water heater in that same space it was inside it’s own closet just Curious before I start about any height requirements from the floor and drainage requirements for...
  15. Brian2147

Endless running water

What would cause the hot water side water heater (from the wall)to keep dripping endlessly Unless the water shut off at the street. We are in a triplex Upper story, I don’t believe it siphoning because It keeps going and has pressure which is a decent trickle , turning off at the...
  16. Brian2147

Upside down Wye vs Tee

For a branch vent connecting to the stack do you use an and upside down santee or combo or does it matter? UPC Sorry if this is a repeat.
  17. Brian2147

GFCI on split outlet

How do I add a GFCI for dishwasher from a split receptacle Sharing a neutral. They are on a 2 pole 20amp arc F breaker. Is it possible in a double gang box to pigtail the neutral and have the dishwasher and neutral in the “line“ of the gfci and on a another Receptacle have the garbage...
  18. Brian2147

Water heater in outdoor enclosure

Is this indoor electric water heater in a sufficient outdoor enclosure. It feels sturdy but there’s no flashing, And loosely lines up with the wall and Raised foundation, like it semi indoors. Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. To code? It seems to be pretty common with...
  19. Brian2147

Double vanity drain fix

Years ago a handyman did our bathroom remodel. I checked the tub and toilet and everything vent and drains correctly. Researching some plumbing I realized (10 years later) he did the plumbing in the double vanity is wrong. From San -tee on its back to improper slope, not venting both sinks ...
  20. Brian2147

Maximum hole size in stud

What’s the maximum size Bore a hole in a stud, load and non bearing wall. The maximum hole size in a top plate, what about a window header. I’ve browsed around and gotten a few numbers. Would like to hear what is said hear before I move forward. Kitchen remodel, sink is basically staying in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks