Search results

1. Clog

Vertical 1HP Jet Pump pipe stand? NPS threaded cast feet in the base volute? How to secure?

I have a vertically mounted multistage 1HP jet pump hovering directly above a double pipe (1" drive, 1-1/4" suction) well of unknown depth. The previous owner/installer (hereinafter "PO") decided to elevate this pump 16" above the concrete pad that the 4" well casing is flush with. There are...
  2. Clog

Honeywell 24v HW Gas Control Valve Harness Connector Purpose?

What is the purpose of this 3 pin wire harness connector on the front face of the Honeywell WV4262B1114 hot water heater gas control valve? My hot water heater functions fine, I'm just curious what this unused port is for. For example, is it an input port for external smart home systems to...
  3. Clog

What's the dope on pipe dope?

What is the dopist pipe dope? TL forum searches for "favorite pipe thread sealant" and "best pipe thread sealant" yielded no results. There is a such a plethora of products out there today. Up until now, I've mostly used Rectorseal #5 in the yellow tube, have tried Rectorseal T+2, and over...
  4. Clog

Leak detecting auto shut off valve choices

Oops... nevermind. Issue resolved.
  5. Clog

Powered Vent ... plumbing suppliers don't stock 'em... Problematic?

Just called the top three plumbing suppliers in my area, looking for a 50 gallon powered DAMPER model. No one stocks them. Is there a problem with them? Both the orange and the blue big box stores stock powered DAMPER models in both 40 and 50 gallon sizes, ready to go right now. Yet none...
  6. Clog

Vacuum Relief Valve... Revisited

VRVs. That's how I found TerryLove online. Vigorous debate and discussion between Moderator HJ and a member with a longer multi-syllable name that began with C. (forgot full user name as I type this, sorry). First post here, and I first want to take a moment to thank Terry Love for creating...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks