Search results

1. Clog

WH back drafts when the furnace is on at the same time

What is the update on your situation @Margarett ?
  2. Clog

Vertical 1HP Jet Pump pipe stand? NPS threaded cast feet in the base volute? How to secure?

Just to update... I was able to "seal" the 4" plastic casing whose opening was flush with a concrete pad, by locating a rubber reducing 4" clay pipe (CP) to 3" cast iron (CI) coupler. The outside diameter of the 3" CI end of the coupler fits very snug with the inside diameter of the 4" well...
  3. Clog

Vertical 1HP Jet Pump pipe stand? NPS threaded cast feet in the base volute? How to secure?

The well is 4" cased, but not 4" steel cased. It is 4" plastic cased, and as I peer down the hole, it appears that the plastic well case pipe curves a bit here and there. This may interfere with either the lowering or raising of a submersible pump, depending on the length of the pump and the...
  4. Clog

Thanks for the confirmation. The current foot valve is free, clean, and functioning, so that will remain the only check valve. New sub question: Barbed Insert Fittings threaded into cast iron Schedule 80 plastic or brass/bronze? Where the well piping is 60' of continuous flexible black...
  5. Clog

I've read the sticky thread on Submersible Pumps and Multiple Check Valves about 4 times. Still, I have a question, and since that thread is closed to further comments, I'll ask it here: In NON submersible, above ground Jet Pump applications with double drop pipes leading to an Ejector...
  6. Clog

Where can I find such a casing adapter? I invested many man hours over a week's period of time analyzing image searches of vertically mounted jet pumps, as well as scoured all the local plumbing and farm supply houses, as well as copious amounts of internet searches, and have struck out...
  7. Clog

I have a vertically mounted multistage 1HP jet pump hovering directly above a double pipe (1" drive, 1-1/4" suction) well of unknown depth. The previous owner/installer (hereinafter "PO") decided to elevate this pump 16" above the concrete pad that the 4" well casing is flush with. There are...
  8. Clog

New Water Heater Schematic

I'm not qualified to approve or condemn any part of your installation, but must say that your work is better than much of the work performed by many of the plumbing services I've encountered in the homes of my friends and neighbors. So any questions I had or comments I make about your...
  9. Clog

Powered Damper Bradford White water heater

Necroposting a bit, but, the choice is sometimes dictated by location of water heater. I chose a powered damper, as opposed to a powered vent, because the interior location of the water heater was not adjacent to any exterior walls, and the cost to breach a new hole in the ceiling, through the...
  10. Clog

New Water Heater Schematic

@Sylvan Your posts and pictures never cease to amaze. Thanks for all that you contribute to better plumbing practices. @SteveMcqueen I went to the same boarding school as Steve, and saw him later at charity events for that boarding school. You asked for input on your installation photo, and...
  11. Clog

Bradford White Anode Inspection

I have a water heater that has the anode incorporated with the hot water heater outlet. Apparently, this KA-90 alloy anode is good enough to support the 12 year standard tank warranty that was included with the heater by the manufacturer at no extra charge. While it shipped with plastic lined...
  12. Clog

75g Water heater not venting properly

I would insist on the entire 3" vent being replaced. It is likely corroded inside anyway, and due for replacement even if new water heater was the same size as the original. But given that the new water heater has twice the BTU output, to heat twice the number of gallons of water in the tank...
  13. Clog

A.O vs Bradford White

A single strap around the water heater was required in California even before the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. After that quake however, the requirements were upgraded to dual straps, adding more specifics as to the materials and location of the straps around the tank. I went with AO Smith...
  14. Clog

Honeywell 24v HW Gas Control Valve Harness Connector Purpose?

I appreciate any speculation. At first I was skeptical of RS232, as I've only interacted with 9 pin versions of that serial port standard, and this port only has 3 pins. However, looking online, I did find dog bone harnesses that bridged 3 pin Molex connectors to 9 pin RS232 serial port...
  15. Clog

Does this water heater install look off?

Now, now... you need more optimism than that. :)
  16. Clog

Honeywell 24v HW Gas Control Valve Harness Connector Purpose?

What is the purpose of this 3 pin wire harness connector on the front face of the Honeywell WV4262B1114 hot water heater gas control valve? My hot water heater functions fine, I'm just curious what this unused port is for. For example, is it an input port for external smart home systems to...
  17. Clog

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Unlike the big box store Rheems at Home Depot, some of which have a brass drain valve, the big box store AO Smiths at Lowes have a white nylon drain valve, even the Signature Premier series. Not that this matters much, because even the brass drain valves that ship with supplier house water...
  18. Clog

Advice needed- use pressure relief valve when draining heater?

I've plumbed in several places to equalize pressure / admit air / prevent vacuum in the piping to HWH in order to facilitate maintenance / service. 1. Vacuum Relief Valve on inlet (automatically functions, nothing to do or turn) 2. Three way shut off valve on cold supply. (not only drains...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks