Search results

1. C Wolford

Question about moving pressure gauges for better reading

Installing water filter, with bypass. I have a 2 T(s) I will be putting pressure gauges in one before and one after. instead of screwing the gauge in to the T with an adapter, could I run pex line from that T where I would have the pressure gauges installed, to another spot a few feet away...
  2. C Wolford

Re piping house with PEX moving ALL supply from crawl to Plumbing chase/ cabinet toe kicks?

I can bring all my pipes into the thermal envelop of my house aka not in the crawl space. I just don’t know if it would be considered workmanship like. Looking on input. House Layout, and idea: (has image) The part of the house in question is the kitchen, laundry room, bathroom. They are all...
  3. C Wolford

Female plastic thread, Brass or plastic nipple? no o-ring needs ptfe tape

I got a 1" female plastic thread for a whole house filter Ispring WGB21B Manufacturer says brass is okay, but some people saying the brass + tape cracks the heads. Should I plastic nipple to brass "sharkbite"? or just brass sharkbite? will 1" schedule 80 PVC be okay / legal for this? will...
  4. C Wolford

Re-piping few question, need some one to look at pipe design.

So currently I have water pressure issues, assuming its from old build up in the lines (confirmed this for the hot water adjustment at the shower is broken due to low pressure messing up the pressure balance valve ), also maybe from line layout design. If tub is fill or shower is on and I turn...
  5. C Wolford

PEX question, also new product you should see!

The new product is the Sioux Chief omega plate and Omini panel. I think some of you in the trade may find it useful, if you have not seen them yet. my PEX question, most know about the the all the lawsuits in PEX. They have most the issues worked out and are giving 25 year warranty. My thing is...
  6. C Wolford

Sizing of tankless water heater. Few questions.

I am on city water. treatment plant is 7 miles away. 1st when I was looking in to this last year, I found at winter my TAP water was coming in at 36-46 can't remember. Not sure if there water treatment company would have a log. The thing is on all the ground water maps I am close to the line of...
  7. C Wolford

DWV Help! please.

I have been noticing venting problems after living in this house for a year (smell in bath room from time to time, and the classic gurgle when washer empty's. I Just had to redo toilet bolts, led to a water closet flange and enlightenment to my pipe setup. Setup: thin wall 3" out the roof. 4"...
  8. C Wolford

Water supply placement and workmanship questions

So I was planing to have this repipe project finished, but other things got in the way. Now I am back at it. 1st: Workmanship of stub outs. Inside cabinets: A. pex no sleeve blue and red are viable B. pex with chrome sleeve C. use copper stub outs with sweat or compression valves visible stub...
  9. C Wolford

Plumbing PEX questions

Can't seem to find alot of info on PEX installs. Lots of info on running lines, but not answers to a few questions. Location of PEX manifold: (talking 4-5 port for hot, 6-8 for cold) Can I put a PEX manifold under a bathroom sink cabinet or In the wall that has access from the bathroom sink...
  10. C Wolford

Advice on hood vent (range/ stove) duct work connections.

Adding a hood vent, cant seem to find answer on how to properly hook up the vent to the duct work. I know the basics of slips and drives, and round duct crimped/uncrimped male/female. looked around and seen a few hook up the takeoff or collar to the under cabinet duct. They all seemed like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks