Search results

1. Steve7878

Need a good shower pan is cast iron the only option 60" x 36"

I was hoping to get a Florestone brand composite pan. But they dont make in a 60" x 36" unless it is their fiberglass model. Most other brands I have found dont have great reviews. So far it seems the Kohler cast iron is my only options. And suggestions appreciated. Pland is to replace a...
  2. Steve7878

How to fix this sink drain leak

Yes, would leave the alone. It already goes into the crawl space and attaches to the sewer line.
  3. Steve7878

Yes, under a window. Right now leak is just at the first elbow in the wall. But have a few neighbors with same type house, that have had the same problem in the past year. So makes me believe it is just past its life span, and I am worried about hidden leaks in the wall.
  4. Steve7878

Have a kitchen sink drain and small leak at the last L where it comes out the wall. The line in the wall is 1-1/4” copper and runs about 3 ft horizontal to the vent stack. Built about 1950. Drain line in the crawl space has already had the copper drain replaced with 1 -1/2” PVC Plan A was to...
  5. Steve7878

Best Kitchen faucet

Based on working with it. Did it seem well made or something you would recommend? Thanks
  6. Steve7878

Best Kitchen faucet

Also I have a few rental properties. 12 Years ago for kitchen faucets. I had switched the Pfister Parisa pro model faucets. Nice heavy brass faucet. But what a headache. Ceramic style but still very high maintenance. Anyway realized I had maybe less problems years ago. with the old Delta that...
  7. Steve7878

Water filter compare

If my main line is 3/4" would a 1" unit make a difference?
  8. Steve7878

Water filter compare

I was actually looking for one WITHOUT a pressure relief. But I can get each model with or without. My reason was looking at reviews. It does seem sort of common for there to be a leak at the PR valve. So I figured one less thing to worry about. I will have the 3 valves for bypass. And...
  9. Steve7878

Water filter compare

Pentek 10" big bule and Pentek 150546 3G 10" Both have 3/4" in and out
  10. Steve7878

Water filter compare

Need to replace an old american plumber whole house water filter. Found 2 pentex filter and housing that will work. But have to say I dont understand the info below. Would both be the same? Comparing filter #1 and #2. Does one restrict pressure or volume more. Thanks INITIAL ∆P (PSI) @ FLOW...
  11. Steve7878

Cycle stop valve

Sounds like I am overdue. And should just go ahead and buy the valve and tank kit. Wish I had heard about these sooner. Last year spent about 400 for a plumber to replace the tank manifold assembly /kit. One last question please. Crawl space is only about 22" high. Current tank was installed...
  12. Steve7878

Cycle stop valve

How long do tanks last? Considering mine is about 15 years old. Would I be better with the tank & valve kit? What would most of you do. Thanks
  13. Steve7878

Cycle stop valve

Do you happen to know what the depth requirement is. I think pressure is set around 52 psi. But it has been 15 years since I pulled the pump. Thinking it was 20 to 30 down into the well. The tank was either a 10 or 15 gallon Thanks
  14. Steve7878

Cycle stop valve

Recently heard about these. have a small 2 bedroom house and never really had any problems. Very good well with submersible pump. Anyway any cons to these. More maintenance or anything. Just something that looked like would make pumps last longer and more even water pressure Thanks
  15. Steve7878

Junction/Electrical Box issue and help!!

I would not put a smoke detector there. Unless you leave the battery out. To close to stove and will have nuisance alarms.
  16. Steve7878

Bent water heater element

Hi, Any tricks for removing a bent element. Today replaced some. These are the sort of U shape electric water heater elements. Bottom one took a few minutes to get out. Since would not fit out the hole. But not to bad and was able to stick in a long screwdriver and bend it back so it fit the...
  17. Steve7878

Well pressure tank

To add a little more info. We did turn off the breaker but NO water was used. Because we first shut off the main valve that comes out the pressure tank right after the manifold. So the tank was isolated for the work we did. Is a steel tank with 1" galvanized elbow attached. Then about 10...
  18. Steve7878

Well pressure tank

Have another question. So yesterday replaced all my old brass pex fittings with the new poloy ones and add a water filter. Had water and the well pump off for 24 hours. Noticed when I started up all faucets had a lot of rust coming out for a few minutes. usually no sign of rust in the water...
  19. Steve7878

Stainless for well water

Yes well / submersible pump has the black poloy pipe with plastic fitting running to the pressure tank in the crawl space. Then I switch to pex from the tank. My question is JUST how to connect to electric water heater. Would rather not trust sharlbite or anything with a washer. I have seen...
  20. Steve7878

Stainless for well water

Little advice please. Well water pex with brass fittings installed 15 years ago. Had only one fitting corrode and go bad. Rest look pretty good from what I can see. But pretty easy to change fittings out to the poloy fittings in this small 2 bed 1 bath house. My question is how to connect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks