Search results

1. IrishSwede

Hoping for an Xmas miracle of information/experience/best guess on partially blocked drain pipe

You will be my hero if you can get through this and help a desperate father out...4 girls and my wife all sharing one toilet is almost worse than the giant hole in my living room ceiling. Back story (can skip...just a rant) Our home is 6 years old. We had our 2nd floor toilet clog yesterday and...
  2. IrishSwede

Gap Between Drain and Pipe - To Seal or Not to Seal is the Question

Title kinda lamely says it... Installed a drain pipe that did not seat fully into the drain. There's a marginal gap now that water sits on and I am wondering if i should fill that void? If so should I just use Silicone or something like JB Weld?
  3. IrishSwede

Can I secure my shower base to wall with screws?

Here is my situation. We purchased a tileable shower base, installed it following the directions (have done a couple before without issue). We have no flexing, however when weight is removed their is a slight "teeter" between back left corner and front right. I spoke with the manufacturer who...
  4. IrishSwede

Elevevating Drain Pipe 1/8", ok?

I am about to install a prefab (tile redi) shower pan, unfortunately the drain and pipe are fused together and I only have above ground access to connect the drain pipe into the coupler below. The trap is cut through a floor joist, to help brace the pipe (and raise it slightly) I placed a few...
  5. IrishSwede

How far to seat PVC pipe? Advice Appreciated

Firstly let me thank anyone for taking the time out of their busy lives to help me, I really cannot say enough how much I appreciate it. We were in the process of attaching our PVC drain (fused to our prefab shower base) to an ABS pipe to attach it to our ABS DWV. The issue/concern is, after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks