Search results

1. TSM

Illinois plumbers cannot work on water heater older than 10 years?

Thanks for the input. Yes, it is a plastic drain valve. Tank is about 15 years old in the basement and near a drain. I ended up buying the new tank from them yesterday because I assumed no plumber would touch it due to this law or ordinance that I cannot find. Just did not like how he selled it...
  2. TSM

Thanks for the feedback Terry. I can certainly understand balancing the cost of the repair (with limited service life remaining) against a new tank. It was just presented that this is the law in Illinois. I searched the relatively new Illinois plumbing code, but do not see anything related to...
  3. TSM

A local plumber would not replace my drain valve insisting Illinois law states that they are not allowed to work on a hot water heater older than 10 years old. Is this accurate? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks