Search results

1. YYZ

How do I get this Moen handle knob off?

I got it off. I had to pry off the limit stop ring and then I was able to get at the retaining clip. The handle knob is literally frozen to the cartridge.
  2. YYZ

I still can't get the handle stop off. The design seems to be different than the standard handle stop. It seems like it's sort of attached to the cartridge or it's one piece? Do I need a puller or do I just use a channel lock to turn the whole thing so it comes loose? I don't want to force it.
  3. YYZ

Thank you sir. I've actually have two showers with the same issue. I can't seem to pull off the "handle knob" no matter how much I yank on it.
  4. YYZ

Hi there, So this Moen shower faucet is probably circa 1997. I had to cut the handle off because the set screw was frozen and stripped. I took the center screw holding the handle knob (I think that's what they call it) to the cartridge. I can't seem to get the handle knob off. Is there a...
  5. YYZ

Moen 2600, What trim kit is for this Moen valve?

Yah, I didn't seen the fine print on the Danco trim kit. It says you need a 3 1/2" rough-in hole. I guess the older Moen escutcheons sat flush.
  6. YYZ

Thanks Terry. I thought it was the 2600 as well. I guess I just bought the wrong trim kit. It's strange because I bought the Danco 10001 trim kit and it says it's for the 2600 but the back of the faceplate has a bump out that prevents it from touching the wall... Appreciate your time.
  7. YYZ

I'm trying to attach an image. Having issues. Sorry, this is the best I can do for images....
  8. YYZ

Hi there, I had to cut off the old trim kit on my old (like 1997) Moen single-handle shower valve. I threw away the original faceplate thinking I wouldn't need to reference it. So, I bought the Danco universal trim kit for Moen. The only issue is that the faceplace doesn't fit completely...
  9. YYZ

Center of shower?

Nevermind. Now that I visualize it, it's got to be the inside of the curb to the finished wall otherwise the drain would be off...
  10. YYZ

Center of shower?

Hi there, Before I get too far with my plumbing rough-in, I'm just curious what you consider the center of a standup shower (back to front). Is it from the back finished wall to the inside of the curb or is it from the back of the finished wall to the center of the curb where the glass would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks