Search results

1. Fullbeerd

Fleck 5810 SXT brine draw going down drain?

I finally got around to doing some more troubleshooting. I disconnected the system. The water inside the resin tank tested at the same hardness as the non-treated water. Also, I tasted the water being drained during the brine draw and it is very salty. The O ring you are referring to is not the...
  2. Fullbeerd

Good to know. I was hoping that was the issue. I'm stumped. The water pre and post softener is showing the same hardness level. There's plenty of salt in the tank, the brine seems to be drawing, and the bypass valves are in the correct position (not bypassing the system). Any ideas?
  3. Fullbeerd

I've had the 5810 for a couple months. Things were good right after install. Now I have hard water. There's plenty of salt in the tank so I ran a cycle to make sure the brine was being draw. It does draw out, but the whole time it's drawing water is coming out of the drain pipe, which makes me...
  4. Fullbeerd

Help picking a water softener

I'm in your boat. Curious if you are any farther in your quest. Have you found any decent online dealers?
  5. Fullbeerd

Water Softener Help

We had our water tested by a local shop. Hardness: 17, Iron: 1.5, TDS: 400, PH 7.5 5 family members, 3 bathrooms, well water, new construction (3/4" PEX) They are recommending a Hellenbrand Promate 6.0 (PMS-048), which appears to be a 1.5 cu. ft., 48,000 grain unit. From all my research and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks