Search results

1. 2004blackwrx

New Iron Filter still see Iron.

Its been a while since I last wrote but I want to give an update. I finally got my system running properly. My softner now regenerates about every 1000 gallons. If I go longer I still get the staining when the water mixes with chlorine or bromine. I ended up solving my issue by looking at my...
  2. 2004blackwrx

I will have to get some chlorine to see. However I used these bromine tablets in my toilets for years without issues of streaking in toilets until November at which time I smelled the Iron in the water which led to me replacing the Culligan system. Also after a regen a bromine tablet sitting in...
  3. 2004blackwrx

I will take a sample and see how long it takes to settle out and keep you all updated. If it is very fine ferrous Iron is it normal for a test not to detect it? Also if it is really fine is there anything I can do about it besides just relying on the Softener to do the final clean up.
  4. 2004blackwrx

Working night shift this weekend. I sampled from the faucet today after my regen last night. I got 2 grains of hardness. Also added bromine to a sample and water stays clear. Whatever is causing the bromine to turn the water brown is removed by Softener until the resin gets exhausted. I also...
  5. 2004blackwrx

The sample taken after the Iron filter was taken before the softener. I have a sample point located between the two.
  6. 2004blackwrx

I came across a company hanna instruments and ordered there water hardness and Iron Tests. While waiting for the test I started taking a daily sample of water from the faucet and putting bromine tablet in it. The water would stay clear for the first 400 or 500 grains of usage then turn brown so...
  7. 2004blackwrx

I was getting a hach iron and hardness test when I found out it was on backnkrder I canceled and just order a seperate hach iron and seperate harndess test yeaterday. They said hardness test was in stock Ill see next week if it ships if not ill cancel and look into lamotte. Thanks
  8. 2004blackwrx

I did a backwash regen. then after the cycle finished removed the drain hose. The port that the drain hose sits in was full of water. No hissing sound and no bubbles
  9. 2004blackwrx

I used 3 percent household hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and saw no oxidation if that means anything
  10. 2004blackwrx

I definetely hear trickling. He hasnt said anything about ozone yet. He did say he doesnt like selling what isnt needed. I was hoping I could get hach test kits sooner so I can tell him my exact numbers. He did say we will get this figured out but im not sure if he has a plan. Also i hate...
  11. 2004blackwrx

I am definitely drawing air in I felt the suction. During the day I hear dripping of water in the tank. I have not yet tested to see if I hear air coming out of drain valve. If I am reading this correctly listen as soon as the air draw cycle is complete and the unit is back in treatment mode...
  12. 2004blackwrx

Still waiting for a test kit. Hach says there on backorder 6 to 8 weeks. My water guy came by last week and said my setup was fine. (i installed it myself) He did a backwash and said no air came out so switched me from 3 days to 2. Im still having staining. I disinfeceted the well with bleach to...
  13. 2004blackwrx

I have a check valve prior to my my iron filter to prevent back flow. Yes my Iron samples vary, but were taken at different times. Both are Raw water levels before any filters. I am still waiting for my test kit to see exactly what Iron is after the filter. I was told zero by the water guy but...
  14. 2004blackwrx

I came across a full well test from a few years back. The results are listed below. I am still waiting for my hach test kit to arrive so I can test Iron and hardness. Benzene, Bromobenzene, Bromochloromethane, Bromomethane, Butylbenzene, carbon tetrachloride, chloroethane, chloromethane...
  15. 2004blackwrx

Sorry for the confusion. The slow drain is only during air draw cycle. After cycle ends water flow stops. Thanks for the advice. Im a tinkerer but agree I will wait for my own iron test kit to arrive so I can verify what I see and try to get the seller to resolve the issue. He has been nice so...
  16. 2004blackwrx

I have a drian flow control button labbeled 053. Water temp was 55 degrees. I would imagine this stays fairly consistent throughout the year. Just ran the drain outside again for a test. Yesterday i used the original black half inch hose and got 5 gpm. Today i did a test with a 3/4 inch hose and...
  17. 2004blackwrx

Im ordering my own iron and hardness test kit from hach. In the mean time I routed my drain hose outside to test flow. I calculated about 5 gpm. This seems like it may be too low. I currently have a 1/2" drain line. Will a 3/4" drain line improve my backwash flow and hopefully improve my water...
  18. 2004blackwrx

Below is a picture of a water sample after going through the iron filter that I added a chlorine tab to
  19. 2004blackwrx

I looked at my tank it is 9" x 48.
  20. 2004blackwrx

This is from an onsite water test so I guess what can be tested that way is limited. Im going to be honest that those send away test are a bit pricy. I know they will give a lot of info but is it necessary to diagnose why chlorine is reacting with my water to make it brown. If a $200 dollar test...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks