Search results

1. Don H

Water shut off to the house for days. Should I shut the gas off to the water heater?

The County shut the water off to a customer's house a few days ago and it looks like it might be a week of more before we get it turned back on. Should I shut the gas off to the water heater until we get water again?
  2. Don H

Water hammer in system on start-up

After not flowing water overnight I get a water hammer when the pump kicks in. A new pump and hardware was installed in 2018. There is a check valve in the pump, another on top of the pump and a third CV just prior to the pressure tank. I've researched here and it seems the CV at the tank is...
  3. Don H

Water heater/storage tank multiple failures

I have a geothermal heating system for the house which also heats my water. The system is set up so the heat exchanger in the geo furnace preheats well water and sends it to a 50 gal water heater used as a storage tank (not hooked up to electric), then over to a water heater with power to step...
  4. Don H

Odd Toilet Flush Issue

This has me stumped! I have an American Standard Cadet that is 30 years old. When I clean the bowl I use liquid Clorox Toilet Bowl cleaner. I use a minimum amount of cleaner, scrub the bowl and let it set until it needs to be used. Ever time I flush after cleaning the bowl won't completely...
  5. Don H

Slow Loss of Pressure from Well Line

I recently installed a new well pump, check valve, piping and wire in my 100', 6" PVC cased well. The original pump was 32 years old and still working but I was getting the well pipe banging in the basement so I figured it was the pump check valve. Pulled the pump and sure enough the check valve...
  6. Don H

How deep to set a submersible pump?

Question: Should a submersible pump be set in the well casing or can it go deeper into the bore hole? My well is 105 deep', the casing is 95' leaving 10' uncased at the bottom. I know the pump should be at least 5' off the bottom. Is there any advantage to setting the pump so it's in the casing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks