Search results

1. Elapidae

How to replace frost free sillcock

I don't know if it will help anybody but it did indeed turn out to be a drop ear elbow. Just cut off the main water line. Unscrewed the old, screwed in the new. 5 minute job.
  2. Elapidae

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I went back and tried to look a little closer (without damaging the insulation). I believe it's connected through one of these:
  3. Elapidae

That sounds like a good idea. I've heard the Woodford name a few times in my searching. Thanks.
  4. Elapidae

Yeah, thanks. If nothing else, the installation would force me to remove the hose. ;-)
  5. Elapidae

Here's a picture of what's inside the insulation (supply line).
  6. Elapidae

Thank you all very much for the quick replies and information. Originally I got all excited about cutting an access panel in the sheetrock on the inside, crimping on some PEX fittings, adding and an interior cut-off ball valve, etc... Once I went over and looked at how they are actually...
  7. Elapidae

I have a broken frost free sillcock (left the hose attached during a freeze... yes, another lesson the hard way...). I need to replace it but I'm not sure how. This is a newer house (built in 2012). I'm pretty sure it's 1/2 in PEX to the back of the sillcock but in looking at the...
  8. Elapidae

Can't secure Flange

Thank you all. This is a wonderful site!!! I tried a quick-crete for this but I think it requires more drying time than I was will do give (wanted my toilet back). Maybe I should try again and be a little more patient. I also found and bought the shims. I used cedar shims last time but...
  9. Elapidae

Leaking Price Pfister Handles

Fantastic!!! Thank you very much. I'm going to try this now.
  10. Elapidae

Can't secure Flange

Thanks for the quick response Terry. :) I replaced the flanges once but I don't think I got the bigger ones you mentioned. I'm guessing a typical hardware store would have these (I can check this out). I think I've already got some metal drop-in anchors but I'll double check. Thanks again.
  11. Elapidae

Maybe this will help explain:
  12. Elapidae

Can't secure Flange

For some reason, the foundation pourers decided to create humps in the concrete around my toilet flanges so that the toilets can not sit flat. This has caused me significant hardship. Worst of which is the fact that the flanges have been rocked and pulled loose from the concrete. The concrete...
  13. Elapidae

What a wonderful forum!!! Boy do I have a lot of questions. (Please bear with me) I just replaced the diverter and valve bodies in my master shower. Mainly because the diverter had issues. The Hot and cold handles always leaked (into the handle) but I expected this behavior to stop when I put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks