Search results

1. Claraarcher

PEX supply line with copper stub outs

Worked perfectly!! Used a socket extension from my tool kit and was butter!! Thanks !
  2. Claraarcher

OK I was afraid to damage the threads that go into the shower head but sounds like getting an extra 1/2 turn should be doable.
  3. Claraarcher

Hi Again, I did copper pipe on the entire valve installation. I have niche under the shower head as that was to only place i could install due to framing "issues" so the shower head feed pie is re-routed around the niche. i turned the ear drop thing so that the inlet is 90 degrees to the...
  4. Claraarcher

hi all, a follow up question or two but related the new valve for the tub. I have a Danze Parma Treysta valve with IPS inlets / outlets. I am using copper adapters and wanted to know if 1. soldering the adapter that has Teflon tape is ok and won't compromise the tape? Can it take propane gas...
  5. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

ok let me see if i got this right as its getting a bit technical for me 1. the vent in the master wet vents the master sink (sink drain is 1.5 pipe waste into 3" waste) and that ties into a 2" vent via a san tee. That takes care of master toilet and sink. 2. hall bath i can rely on the master...
  6. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

what about a 3" fitting on the long pipe that goes into the right side of the wye. could use a LT 3x3x2 LT tee? i would have to redirect the drain up stream to tie in but it think that is ok? can the side inlet 90 in the pic be use just as a vent for the toilet? assuming i can redirect the sink...
  7. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

i finally cut out the old copper and started to dry fit the new connections, this is what i got so far. The only issue is tying in the vanity waste/vent (was part of the 3" copper that i cut out). I was thinking of the side inlet 90 just because its the closest spot. my questions are: 1...
  8. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

Hi Jeff, Diverter is on the valve. Thanks!
  9. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

one more issue - ughh never ends I bought two shower valves - standard tub and shower valve, diverter on the valve. Can i use this in the shower stall to run the shower head and a handheld instead of a tub fil and head? the tub fil lwould runt he head and the diverter would run the handheld...
  10. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

thanks! i will go this route. Just need to find a stack support.
  11. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

thank you for the reply - i had no idea using a D-Wye had issues so think i will go the other route and bust through the ceiling into the closet. 2 single wye wont work as the toilet is off the wall perpendicular to the floor joists. that is why the old copper lines are at such an angle to try...
  12. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

Hi again, I made it to run all the new waste and water line and framed out the shower alcove. Now i need to tie in the new to the old. While i was able to get enough pitch on the new lines keeping the pitch and ting in looks to be harder. My questions for you fine folk is what do you think is...
  13. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

making some very slow progress and have a question and issue i hope someone can help with. I figured out the glue issue with the toilet hub - old glue and wrong size dauber. Somewhere during the glue up i twisted the toilet hub and now it is not level. it tilts backward and thus is off by...
  14. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

not sure i am following on the shower drain. can you show me a picture or diagram? Its already pretty tight and what i temp'd in was fairly easy for me to work with atm. btw - went to glue the flange and first straight piece and i could not get the pipe to go into the fitting it just jammed up...
  15. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

Hi Wayne, Yup street long turn 90 into the 3x2. agreed on the flange but for the dry fit this is what the store had available when i was there Here a pic of what i was going to do with the shower drain when i mentions a few 90s in my prior post. I need to move the line over a bit. i could...
  16. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

OK so i drilled some holes and took a shot at it (hopefully not a bad move :) the Tee is picking up the vanity and the 2" vent that ties into the main vent. not cut to length yet and needs adjusting a bit :) i decided to use the 3x2 wye to connect to shower drain as that seem the best? way to...
  17. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

oops ignore anything that say 4" other than the closet bend they are 3" Does this make sense or i am that far off? Thanks!
  18. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

Hi Again, another question if you please. If i go the route of opening the ceiling i think that will work out so long as inspectors says ok. Thinking about the waste lines i am curious if i can use one 2" vent for the toilet and vanity as shown in Red or should i use a separate tee connection...
  19. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

I think the best way to approach this is to put back the old toilet flange to where is was located so i do not have to change anything else to the left of the wye in the picture attached. To hook up the new bathroom i will cut the hole in the same spot as if i was to continue the run from old...
  20. Claraarcher

New Toilet Tie In

well the first floor is about 2 feet smaller than the top floor meaning the outside wall of the op floor sits on a cantilever. Typical raised ranch house in the Northeast - a dumb design for this area imo. I grabbed a 45 spigot flange and will mess with it tomorrow but i still don't think it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks