Search results

1. Jim S

Locating shower drain under slab

Hello, Still doing the same bath remodel on our first floor slab. I have a hole open in the slab so I can run the drain from the shower before I close it up. I don't have the shower pan yet. So when the pan comes, I plan on fitting it in the space and seeing where the drain pipe will have to...
  2. Jim S

ProPEX fittings - EP plastic or Brass?

Are the EP plastic fittings (elbows, tees, couplings etc) fine or do people prefer the brass versions? EP: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Wirsbo-Uponor-Q4755050-ProPEX-EP-Tee-1-2-PEX-x-1-2-PEX-x-1-2-PEX-2311000-p Brass...
  3. Jim S

Best way to repair hole in slab?

I'm not there yet but soon I will need to repair the holes I made in the slab in the bathroom I am working in. I have made two large holes and would like to know what is the best way to repair them. I have done some small concrete repairs and have worked with concrete a little, I have a mixing...
  4. Jim S

Pipes under slab

Hey group, So I am in the middle of my bath remodel and am having a case of 'while I'm at its'. So here is the thing. This part of the house (where the bath is) is on a slab and the water supply pipes come under this slab and up in the middle and go on up to the other two baths upstairs. So...
  5. Jim S

Connecting to cast iron

Hello, I am trying to connect PVC to a cast iron bell and the CI is out of round. I tried using a Fernco donut and it would not go in so I measured the pipe. It is 4 13/16 horizontally and 5" vertically - so it's off by 3/16" out of round! So I can see a couple options. 1. Get my die...
  6. Jim S

Tying into cast iron

Hello - first time post. Thanks for all of the great info here. I am redoing our first floor bathroom - switching the shower, sink and toilet locations. I think I have it figured out but I have a question on how to connect to the middle of the cast iron pipe. I am thinking I will cut the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks