Search results

1. Djarchow

Toilet flange on tile over concrete

When the plumbers installed the PVC toilet train pipe in our basement floor before the concrete was poured, they used one of the Harvey red vinyl closet bend spacers to keep the concrete away from the pipe. Spacer When my tile guy was setting the tile, the top of the vinyl spacer was a bit too...
  2. Djarchow

Can you reuse a faucet compression pex supply line

In another question I posted, one of the contributors pointed out UPC requires a separate shutoff for a dishwasher supply rather than the dual outlet angle stop I had used. The faucet supply line connected to the current angle stop compression fitting is a pex line that is permanently connected...
  3. Djarchow

Temporarily cap off angle stop and test today or test fittings later?

I am installing a bar sink faucet and the angle stops are compression onto the copper stub out and compression to the faucet supply lines. My hot stop is a dual outlet with one for the faucet and the other for the dishwasher. Unfortunately, the dishwasher (backorder) won't be installed for at...
  4. Djarchow

New sink strainer tailpiece washer, flat rubber or flanged

I am about to install a new Kohler Duostrainer sink strainer in a bar sink. The strainer came with a flat rubber washer for the tailpiece. The Oatey P trap instruction say to use a flanged washer for the included Oatey tailpiece but doesn't include one. Is the flanged washer the better choice...
  5. Djarchow

New water heater doesn't have the capacity of old one (but it should)

We had our 19-year-old 50 gallon Rheem powervent water heater replaced this year as the old one finally rusted through. We had it replaced by a new 50 gallon Rheem powervent classic water heater. The new one seems to have noticeably less hot water capacity than the old one. With the old one we...
  6. Djarchow

Toilet flange over slab and tile

I am finishing our basement. My tile guy finished laying tile yesterday and is coming back today to grout. When I looked, I noticed he had tile just over the edge of the 3" drain pipe which won't work with a hub flange. I measured around the pipe to see how much tile he was going to have to cut...
  7. Djarchow

Can drain be downstream of vent?

I am finishing my basement. I thought all my rough was done including plumbing and was about ready for sheetrock. My boss (my wife) was looking at the bar layout with her friends last night and wasn't happy with the layout. Would have been nice to have had that feedback before we spray foamed...
  8. Djarchow

Leaking tub overflow - repair or replace

My daughter filled their tub up past the overflow tonight and I noticed water dripping in the basement; which I am finishing Fortunately the sheetrock isn't up yet so no damage. The tub/shower is a standard fiberglass style. The drain/overflow assembly is a Watco 500 series made from tubular...
  9. Djarchow

Fixing plumbers drain problem

I am finishing my basement. Thanks to all that have helped me so far. Long story short, I noticed today that when the plumbers did the drains for our master bathroom 15 years ago, they had the slope of the drain from our master shower and vanity going the wrong way. The 2" horizontal drain line...
  10. Djarchow

Direction of santee on vent connection

I know this has been asked before but the pictures for those posts have disappeared and the replies referred to the pictures. I am finishing up my basement plumbing and the last task before rough inspection is the connection of the basement bar vent to the vent coming from the kitchen sink. This...
  11. Djarchow

Crack in ABS shower drain pipe

Getting ready for rough inspection on my basement finish. Last thing to do was glue in the trap for the shower. The drain pipe was roughed in when we built the house 15 years ago. The angle and position in the hole the plumbers left in the slab was not great and I had to cut/break out some...
  12. Djarchow

Pressure testing soldered joint

I had to solder up a Delta shower valve and a couple 6 port manifolds to add bronze Pex-A connectors. The new lead free fittings, especially the valve, were tough to get as good a joint as I get with regular copper even after watching the videos recommended here and practicing with some scrap...
  13. Djarchow

Moving a PEX line in joists

I am finishing my basement. I am trying to squeeze a bath fan into the bathroom and due to a lot going on in the joist bays with plumbing and HVAC I am very limited in places to mount the fan. The 15 year old 3/4" Wirsbo PEX-a lines that supply the master bath on the first floor run...
  14. Djarchow

Code question - vertical PEX supports every 5'

I was talking to my inspector about his availability as I will be ready soon for my basement rough inspection. I mentioned I was wrapping up installing the PEX and he said 'don't forget the PEX supports at 5' for vertical in-wall installations.' I assumed I could just search online to figure out...
  15. Djarchow

Running drain through less than straight studs

I have started running the last drain pipe for my basement finish. The bar area will have a small prep sink and a dishwasher. I am under the 2013 UPC and this says a sink with a dishwasher is 2 DFUs which means 1.5" trap and a 2" drain. I need to run 2 8' sections of 2" abs horizontally...
  16. Djarchow

Ran out of gas when sweating

I was sweating the last connection for a Delta shower valve. It was the copper going to shower head. I had just gotten it hot enough that the solder was just starting to wick in and my torch ran out of gas. After I bought another cylinder of gas I tried to sweat it again but after heating it...
  17. Djarchow

Tee off 3/4" or 1/2" off manifold

Finishing my basement. We are under the 2015 UPC. I will have a bathroom with shower, vanity, and WC. Bar area will have a bar sink and a dishwasher. All will be used intermittently. My existing copper manifold hot and cold sides only have one 3/4" connection each and that supplies the master...
  18. Djarchow

Tying into old PEX-A and a trap question

I haven't been having much luck with my other questions so I will try a couple new ones. I need to tie into some 14 year old Wirsbo PEX-a for a a fridge in my basement finish. If it matters this is a line coming off the manifold before the water softener but I don't have any extra ports on that...
  19. Djarchow

Code question on cleanouts

I am going to be installing two sinks in my basement. One in a vanity, one in a bar area. I sent my inspector drawings (same ones I am attaching below) showing how I was going to plumb both drains and he said OK. However I didn't have any cleanouts on either drain but he didn't flag it. In...
  20. Djarchow

Questions on 90s for horizontal drain direction change.

I am planning out the drains for a bathroom vanity and a bar sink and have seen some conflicting information on the code for elbows. My town is under the UPC. My drain lines will be 1.5" for the vanity and 2" for the bar sink. The 90s will both only be for horizontal direction changes. There...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks