Search results

1. Djarchow

Can you reuse a faucet compression pex supply line

Thanks, I will try it and worst case if it leaks, I can cut it and use the supplied olives.
  2. Djarchow

Can you reuse a faucet compression pex supply line

In another question I posted, one of the contributors pointed out UPC requires a separate shutoff for a dishwasher supply rather than the dual outlet angle stop I had used. The faucet supply line connected to the current angle stop compression fitting is a pex line that is permanently connected...
  3. Djarchow

Temporarily cap off angle stop and test today or test fittings later?

Thanks for the tip on the UPC req. for separate shutoffs. I am normally pretty good about checking code before I do things and had missed that one. I can get a dual handle Dahl or Brasscraft and replace the one I have. Just curious, will the compression end of the pex supply line that is a...
  4. Djarchow

Temporarily cap off angle stop and test today or test fittings later?

I am installing a bar sink faucet and the angle stops are compression onto the copper stub out and compression to the faucet supply lines. My hot stop is a dual outlet with one for the faucet and the other for the dishwasher. Unfortunately, the dishwasher (backorder) won't be installed for at...
  5. Djarchow

New sink strainer tailpiece washer, flat rubber or flanged

Jeff, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
  6. Djarchow

New sink strainer tailpiece washer, flat rubber or flanged

I am about to install a new Kohler Duostrainer sink strainer in a bar sink. The strainer came with a flat rubber washer for the tailpiece. The Oatey P trap instruction say to use a flanged washer for the included Oatey tailpiece but doesn't include one. Is the flanged washer the better choice...
  7. Djarchow

New water heater doesn't have the capacity of old one (but it should)

Thanks for all the replies. We are seeing the same problem with all the showers in the house. When I showered last night, I decided to keep an eye on the clock. The temperature stayed consistent for about 6 minutes with a 2.5 gpm shower head but by 8 minutes it had noticeably dropped. If the...
  8. Djarchow

New water heater doesn't have the capacity of old one (but it should)

We had our 19-year-old 50 gallon Rheem powervent water heater replaced this year as the old one finally rusted through. We had it replaced by a new 50 gallon Rheem powervent classic water heater. The new one seems to have noticeably less hot water capacity than the old one. With the old one we...
  9. Djarchow

New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Terry, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Have you sold any of the new ones yet? Just curious about user feedback. I saw your poor review on the drake 3 CST746 last year so now I am leery of updates over what we have now.
  10. Djarchow

New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

Any updates on the new Drakes? I see some places are showing them in stock. I need a toilet for my basement finish. We have 16 year old Drakes in the house and have been very happy with them. I am a bit nervous about the Cefiontect coating since I doubt I can train our ever changing cleaning...
  11. Djarchow

Toilet flange over slab and tile

Actually I will be using the steel plate and having to drill holes in the porcelain tile . The photo above of the ABS flange and the plate was one I found online to show Reach4 the relative size of the plate compared to the flange. My pipes are ABS as well, not PVC. I briefly thought about just...
  12. Djarchow

Here is the spacer the plumbers used when we built the house. Even looking at Oatey's site, I am not clear how this was supposed to work. Do you just screw your flange into the top of it after you cut a hole for the waste pipe? It is made from a somewhat flexible, plastic/vinyl so I am not sure...
  13. Djarchow

The hole is big enough to accommodate 4" outer diameter of the fitting and allow some movement side to side and front to back for positioning the plate where you subfloor is damaged. Here is a picture. It looks like the plate is a little over 7" wide. The Oatey link you posted is not their...
  14. Djarchow

I found this. Seems like a good option since it can extend out further than the repair rings can. This version is by Sioux Chief but Oatey makes one too.
  15. Djarchow

Jeff, thanks for the reply. Our inspector is fine with the flange not being installed at rough inspection. I am not clear on what you are suggesting. Are you saying we should cut out the tile around the flange and install it on the concrete like it had been installed before tile and then bed...
  16. Djarchow

Actually I just measured, I have 2 3/4" from the tile to the foam. So no problem gluing the flange. Securing it is the only challenge.
  17. Djarchow

Reach4, My tile guy is cutting out the piece that was overlapping the waste pipe. I was talking to him about how to screw down the flange and he said that the plumbers he works with normally don't screw down the flange over tile on concrete as they don't want to risk cracking a tile. They just...
  18. Djarchow

I am finishing our basement. My tile guy finished laying tile yesterday and is coming back today to grout. When I looked, I noticed he had tile just over the edge of the 3" drain pipe which won't work with a hub flange. I measured around the pipe to see how much tile he was going to have to cut...
  19. Djarchow

Can drain be downstream of vent?

Thanks. Yes, I can do that, I just wasn't crazy about hogging out 6 feet of 3" thick spray foam for the vent. I will try to do a charge back to my wife for the extra labor.
  20. Djarchow

Can drain be downstream of vent?

Reach, Thanks for the reply. Yes, we are under the 2015 UPC. I should have been more clear above, the 4-5 feet was my developed trap arm length, though I hadn't thought about the length from the wall to the trap weir so that would take up another 3-6 inches of length. We are not allowed to use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks