Search results

1. Slomoola

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Order direct from Boshart. Best fittings on the market.
  2. Slomoola

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I'd stick with a known good supplier like Sioux Chief. Not one foul word on the internet against Sioux Chief. Love their warranty as well. They don't care if you use someone else's fittings for example with their pipe. They stand by their stuff. Some companies I've heard you HAVE to use their...
  3. Slomoola

My anode rod replacement quest for Bradford White (only threads sticking out)

I went to the powered anodes in my house. No more do I need this flavor of the week rod or this type rod for this water. Best warranty bar far of any rod and no rotten egg smells. By the time you buy sockets and impact guns, powered anode rod is the way.
  4. Slomoola

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Go to PEX Universe or any other online place. Get all stainless fittings while you are there. PEX A pipe and Boshart stainless fittings for the win. Sleep well at night........
  5. Slomoola

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I have Sioux Chief PEX A. Zero issues with it. Just remember to INSULATE the snot out of any PEX pipe and do double duty on any manifolds. Especially if you buy Sioux Chief copper manifolds. Not a brand issue but the copper material in the cold. If you could, I would run your hot and cold...
  6. Slomoola

Sink supply lines

At least he is asking about PEX A. Flows way better than PEX B. If it was a shower, wife's kitchen faucet or washing machine, different story LOL. I think 1/2" should be fine. Use Boshart sweeping stainless 90's if you have to use 90's. Will keep the flow up. Most lines AT the sink are micro...
  7. Slomoola

Deep Well Submersed Pump cycles 30 sec on/2 min off (240v on pump throughout cycle) repeating until pressure switch limit (60psi) is reached

Okay okay, his poor water "flow" could cause poor cooling. Sounds perfectly reasonable. From my keyboard, don't know how much flow there is. Appreciate the wisdom sir.
  8. Slomoola

Crack in 4" sewer line

He is digging around and cleaning off the pipe for pictures. I'd say it is getting fondled. I wouldn't want a fresh glass of water from his house. Just saying....... Replace the pipe and move on with life. Sleep better knowing you have safe drinking water for you and your family. At least he...
  9. Slomoola

Deep Well Submersed Pump cycles 30 sec on/2 min off (240v on pump throughout cycle) repeating until pressure switch limit (60psi) is reached

I'm sure you two are on to something. I just can't get it through the ol' peanut myself LOL. If there is water on the outside of the motor, is there not water on the inside pumping or not? If the motor and pipe are submerged....... Agree it would take time for a heat related motor issue. He...
  10. Slomoola

PEX connections

PEX is so cheap, if done by you, that one can do the job cheaply and easily. Do a lot of reading and go for it. It ain't the space program LOL. I would install Sioux Chief PEX A and stainless steel Boshart fittings. That is the best recipe I've found. Far as manifolds go, Sioux Chief copper is...
  11. Slomoola

2" PVC requires a core hole through a concrete wall

One can rent a diamond core bit and a big papa drill at home cheapo. Or have an irrigation company that cores street curbs for drains come out and do this. Several options here.
  12. Slomoola

Crack in 4" sewer line

If it was my house, I would remove all trees around the house. Stop all roots from that action. Grind stumps out and such. Remove that pipe entirely. Wouldn't want any chance of any possible asbestos leaching into your drinking water. You can rent a small bobcat digger with a bucket on it. Or...
  13. Slomoola

Sure if it's encased in mud I get it, might over heat. Guy said it pumps water. Just not normal in flow. If the motor is in water, it's cooled. No way of telling anything until the pump gets pulled. Again I'm going with a broken impeller, cracked motor housing or pipe sucking air.
  14. Slomoola

Which toilet size is recommended for rough-in 10.5 inches?

Think most are 10 and 12" roughs. I bet certain models can be had at different roughs. You want a little like 1/2 to an inch space from the tank COVER to the wall. Your last pic looks okay to me. I'm not a pro plumber.
  15. Slomoola

What is this? In a water well? Pressure switch closes and send 240 to the motor. Pump pressurizes the system. You get water. When PSI is reached the motor shuts off via the pressure switch. What did I miss?
  16. Slomoola

If it's pumping water, shouldn't be a motor heat issue. Sediment could be clogging the pump, it's too deep sucking dirt or you just have a dirty well. Again if it's pumping the cap "sounds" good. Do these motors even have caps? To me the uninformed, sounds like you have either a dry well...
  17. Slomoola

Would you install whole house filter to remove chlorine in pex b plumbed house?

Forget the pipe issue. What about the health one for you and your family? Would be a bonus to cover the pipe too. If you have room I would install one.
  18. Slomoola

Toto Alternative?

Be careful buying from Amazon or Ebay. Might find out you have no warranty. Amazon is flooded with Chinese grey market junk. Also often I've found buying direct from the manufacturer you get better prices and warranty if needed. No middleman markup.
  19. Slomoola

Acidic toilet bowl cleaners

Lots of new toilets have a slick coating to assist in bowl cleaning and flushing power. American Standard says use soap and water only. NO abrasives or acidic cleaners. If you need some kind of strong acid to clean your toilet, you have other issues. Like you need to clean it more often for one.
  20. Slomoola

Toto Alternative?

For a 2 piece, you asked for 1 piece, the Home Depot American Standard Vormax is the reigning flush champion. Never seen another gravity tank flush like the three of my Vormaxes do. To get better flushes or should I say more powerful, you must get commercial grade power assist toilets. My Vormax...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks