Search results

1. chrisser

Water pipes through concrete - spacing etc.

I'd consider a pipe chase. Is that something that requires fabrication or can they be bought off the shelf? My understanding is the dirt and concrete insulate the pipes. Would insulation get stuffed into the pipe chase?
  2. chrisser

BTW, the garage is a pole barn with a slab using 6x6 poles so the exterior wall will have 5-1/4" of insulation under OSB and vinyl siding. Plumbing room walls and ceiling will probably also be 6" deep and insulated as the garage is currently unheated.
  3. chrisser

We have a well and a soon-to-be utilized cistern. I also want to put in yard hydrants. We also have a large detached garage. Currently the well output pipe runs into the garage where the pressure tank is. The PO put the pipe through the garage floor about 8" from the wall and only buried it...
  4. chrisser

Question about cistern pumps

Thanks for your help. For some reason I didn't get email notices of replies or I would have come back to the thread sooner. We have a pitless on our well pump casing. The idea of putting it on the cistern never occurred to me but it is a great option, and I already have a T-handle fabbed up...
  5. chrisser

Question about cistern pumps

We have a 600 gallon cistern that's not in use. It's about 150' from the house and maybe 25' down at the bottom of a hill.\, so maybe 35 feet below the house floor. I last accessed it with a 220v jet pump which worked OK but was kinda noisy. Currently our water comes from a low-yield well at...
  6. chrisser

PE-RT pipe and UV exposure

Building myself an office shed and am wrapping up trenching to run conduit for power. Since I'm digging up quite a bit of the yard, and I want to eventually extend the trench further to put in a cistern and a yard hydrant, I'm going down below 24" to run those water lines in the same trench and...
  7. chrisser

Cutting a PVC well casing

Thanks everyone. I ended up making a plug out of foam board with the circumference wrapped with soft duct tape. Worked pretty well. I have all the plumbing and the conduit done and secure. Just need to make the outer form for the apron and I'd be ready to pour concrete. But it's dusk here...
  8. chrisser

Cutting a PVC well casing

Hello all, Firstly, many thanks to the posters in this forum. I've been lurking on this site for years gaining valuable advise. I'm just a homeowner, but I've done quite a bit of plumbing, electrical and construction. I exhaustively research just about every project on forums like this and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks