Search results

1. PM5K

Polyseamseal?

I read a fairly old post that said that was the stuff to use on the base of a toilet, however it seems that there may have been some company, formula, and name changes. Is Polyseamseal White All-Purpose Adhesive Caulk by Loctite the one to use? I know whatever they used before was really...
  2. PM5K

Connections Help

I want to see what my options are, or alternatives. I installed this about five years ago, a simple 2.5 gallon point of use unit, I had to go from 3/4 down to 1/2 and I needed it at an angle and extended, I used galvanized pipe but in only five years it corodded badly, in my opinion. The...
  3. PM5K

Will Toto keep making the original Drake?

Im looking to start replacing some toilets in a small commercial office complex. We are running 20 year old Cranes that seem decent but show too much wear and tear. I think the high end of our budget is 250, which gets you a Drake, but if we dont buy them all at once, are they going to be hard...
  4. PM5K

Rookie ? On Reducing Valves

Why not just open the main valve partially to reduce pressure? I can see how that might not help with large fluctuations where even at partially open the pressure exceeds what you desire. Is volume part of this equation? Would both options handle a large demand for water on the customer...
  5. PM5K

Macerating Unit Install Advice

Adding a bathroom with a macerating unit. Looking for any issues, mistakes, or suggestions. A clean out did occur to me, but you'd have to be careful how you ad it, so nothing comes out at you when you open it. The unit itself doesn't mention the need, I guess if it's ground up it shouldn't be...
  6. PM5K

Minimum Restroom Requirements In Commercial Building (Mercantile)?

I don't see a ton of commercial questions here, but I figure qualified people know the answers even if those questions haven't been asked. Is a bathroom required for a commercial facility operating as a mercantile? The code seems to say so, 1 WC per 500 which I assume means you need at least...
  7. PM5K

Quick kitchen sink vent question

The current sink drain runs horizontally approximately 36 inches sloped through base cabinets, then tees off into a vertical drain, with a vertical vent on the other end of the tee. There are some guys working on a relatives kitchen and they want to run the drain straight down below the...
  8. PM5K

Runaway Thermostat?

Relief valve opened on my hot water heater. The water was very hot from the tap, so I turned the unit off and ran enough water through it to get cold water into it. I checked the valve to make sure it was working properly, and then tried to turn the unit back on, however it would not turn on. I...
  9. PM5K

Upgrade For 90 Degree Urinal Flush Valve?

I'm assuming the only way I can is by having the supply line moved over to the side, is that correct or do you pros know of any other options?
  10. PM5K

Is this done correctly? (Picture)

I'm just curious if the pressure relief valve can be run the way it's being run? I'm in TX if that helps, no idea what code we use here off hand :( Just asking because I thought it had to be a rigid line.
  11. PM5K

What kind of work can be done without a licensed plumber?

I'm in Texas and just curious about what kind of work can be done, if any, without a licensed plumber onsite by a journeyman? Can he say give an estimate? Can he get all of the parts and tools, then wait for the licensed plumber? Can he do all of the work then have the licensed plumber...
  12. PM5K

TPRV to pan?

I remember reading recently that there might have been a code change that allows the TPRV to discharge into the pan. Where I'm at I believe we use UPC. Any recommendations either way regardless? Also this is for a 4 gallon point of use type water heater.
  13. PM5K

What size PVC for kitchen sink?

I have a kitchen sink I'm working on, and all that is currently there is a 1 1/2 vent pipe. The rest either isn't there, or is just a small amount (a couple of feet) of 1 1/2 PVC. What should I be using here, and once I'm past the vent, and underneath the home, should I be going to something...
  14. PM5K

How much for a new 240v outlet? (800??)

Got a quote of 800 to install a new 240v outlet for a water heater. I'd read around and was expecting something in the 200-300 dollar range more or less. This guy hasn't seen the home or asked a single question so he's probably one of those guys that puts in crazy high bids because he doesn't...
  15. PM5K

Best exterior paint options?

Looking for the best bang for the buck exterior paint. I need to replace a few pieces of 1/4 inch exterior grade plywood and I need to prep it so it can withstand the elements. What do you guys recommend?
  16. PM5K

How do I fix this rotted wood?

Best guess on my part is that the pipes need to be taken out, from the bottom, then the drain/vent taken out as well, remove the rotten wood, drill holes in the new piece with a hole saw, shove it in there and nail it down from the vertical 2x4's, then run the pipes back in. Also put that...
  17. PM5K

Can you put a water heater next to a dryer?

I have a house I'm working on and it needs a new water heater, the old gas one was about 28 years old. Never tried to use it but figured it was time to replace it. One concern I have is that I've read you aren't supposed to put a gas water heater near an air moving device, or something to...
  18. PM5K

If you don't need a permit, do you need a license?

Maybe a stupid question but I'm looking into having a roof redone, new felt and shingles. The city says I don't need a permit for that, if I don't need a permit for it, do the people that do the work still need to be licensed? Again probably a dumb question. I know if you need a permit you...
  19. PM5K

Best way to clean out grease?

First of all I didn't pour grease directly down the drain, I assume over time cleaning plates that had small amounts of grease on them built up over time. I wouldn't say the drain was clogged, rather I think the p-trap wasn't tight enough and it came off, causing water to come out. While I...
  20. PM5K

No Sub Panel?

I don't know if that's the correct terminology, but I've always seen setups like this: Main breaker panel outside near the meter. This panel would typically have very few breakers, for example I have one for a garage, one for my home, and a separate one for a 220 outlet. Then inside my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks