Search results

1. muilebon

Updating old 1-1/2" waste pipe to 2" for laundry

Greetings, I hope everyone is well today! Please refer to the image attached. I would like to use an old 1-1/2" laundry floor inlet for shower and upgrade laundry to utilize a 2" floor hub to which only one sink was originally hooked up. The distance from the new laundry trap to the vent at the...
  2. muilebon

Can sink share water supply with toilet via (dual) stop valve?

Hello! I hope everyone is have a nice day! I am re-piping copper with PEX. My sink and toilet are right next to one another. Instead of "tee-ing" the cold water pipe for the toilet behind the wall I thought it could be more efficient to use a dual stop valve and split at the sink. Is this...
  3. muilebon

Range hood duct clearance to joists & drywall

The hood duct needs to run through kitchen ceiling and vent out in a wall (not roof). My joists are 2 x 8 with the ceiling drywall dating back to the 1950s. What is the max duct diameter I can install in my joists space? Is there any clearance (air gap) consideration between the pipe and joists...
  4. muilebon

Kitchen waste pipe extension

Residential project, all standard pipe sizes. Need to re-locate kitchen sink 17 feet away from its original location. Planning to use AAV instead of extending a vent pipe. To the best of my knowledge the slope should be no less than 1/4" per foot. Is there a limit on the max angle? Any other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks