Search results

1. Ryan Greene

Low pressure. Starts out high

I've been working on a similar issue. Pressure is good at the well, but in the house pressure starts high and gets very low after a few seconds. First thing I did to see if it's the main line was to hook a garden hose to the spigot at the well, then connect the other end to a spigot on the house...
  2. Ryan Greene

What came out of my main line?

I was able to back flush the main line again today and got a bunch more of that crap out but still have low flow. My next plan was to pour some vinegar or CLR down the line to try to dissolve whatever it is. But first I put some of those pieces in a cup with the vinegar to see if they'd...
  3. Ryan Greene

I installed tankless in my last house. Had to run two new 8 gauge wires and install two double pole 40 amp breakers. I had 150 amp service in that house so I was good. New house also has 150 amp service so I'll just need to run the 8 gauge wires and put in new breakers again. Question on...
  4. Ryan Greene

I read the install guide on that water softener, it does not say it must be installed inside and does mention not installing in direct sunlight. Maybe I'll build a shelter around the well and make it large enough to house the softener
  5. Ryan Greene

My biggest reason for going tankless is lack of space in mud room. I was also planning to put the water softener and filter in there. But you mentioned people install water softeners outside. Would I be able to do that with this softener...
  6. Ryan Greene

The build up almost seemed like they were egg shells and brittle like eggs shells. I suppose it could be from the pressure tank. The house was sitting vacant for close to 18 months before we moved in. I believe the realtor was there a couple times per month to show the house. Maybe the build up...
  7. Ryan Greene

I started another thread earlier this week trying to find my low pressure issue in a home with a well that I just purchased last week. We determined there was nothing wrong with the well side and the low pressure was on the house side. Last night I had some time to try to back flush the main...
  8. Ryan Greene

Low pressure after a minute of use

It says schedule 40 PVC 450 psi I'm only planning to run less than 100 psi through the lines
  9. Ryan Greene

I didn't have time to dig up and cut the main line tonight. I put together some fittings to blow the lines. Then I can easily cut the main line on each side, paste in these and start blowing the line! With the 3/4 thread at the top of the PVC I can eathier use a garden hose or the connection to...
  10. Ryan Greene

Good tip, thanks! I think I will regulate my compressor to 80 PSI to start, and go up a little from there if needed. I'll try to get some pics if it's not too dark! Damn Day light savings
  11. Ryan Greene

The plumber came over and help me to determine the issue. We pulled the gate out of the shut off valve and left the knob off so full water pressure could come out when the pump was running. Still not much pressure. Concluded that the issue is the main line is clogged with sediment. Makes sense...
  12. Ryan Greene

Hopefully it's easier than that, I really don't want to jack up the concrete to get to it! I'll post what the plumber finds tonight.
  13. Ryan Greene

Also, I did pull apart the gate valve. All seemed to be working properly there.
  14. Ryan Greene

I just purchased the home last Monday, so I don't know the history. I know there was low pressure when I had it inspected about a month ago. I have not seen any filters and there is no water softener. I think the one thing I haven't done yet is look under the house. There is a crawl space so...
  15. Ryan Greene

Yes, that's the word I was looking for, restriction! Faucet at tank I can open wide and it sprays a good 10 feet, pressure will drop to 40 and pump kicks in and pressure goes to 60 and continues the cycle. So I am not concerned about the pump or tank, all is good there. So where's the...
  16. Ryan Greene

The pump kicks in properly at 40 psi and runs until 60, seems to be no issue with the pump which the well service company also said. The tank is sitting slightly up a hill about 5 feet above the first floor level. Pump is in the well, I do not know how deep. Hopefully these pics give you a good...
  17. Ryan Greene

Hello, I just purchased a home and my first home with a well. When we moved in we knew there was a low pressure issue so I did what I thought was logical; recharged pressure tank to 38 PSI (it was at 0), put in new 40/60 pressure switch, removed and cleaned gate style shut off valve. I had a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks