Search results

1. Shawn Parker

Why no water? Flushed this morning and made coffee, roommate flushed... all normal. About an hour later no water, not even at hose bib 15 feet down -

SOLVED- My tenant had the shower fixture explode in his hand this morning and he shut off both gate valves, leaving me with 2 flushes and a pot of coffee before I ran out. I lowered the pressure tank reading high to 28, and both read that now..
  2. Shawn Parker

Why no water? Flushed this morning and made coffee, roommate flushed... all normal. About an hour later no water, not even at hose bib 15 feet down -

that's just a pic I took years ago when I replaced the switch on the booster pump, just to show the system. It is connected... sorry for that
  3. Shawn Parker

the line from holding tank (full, 1100g) and booster pump with 2 wellxtrol pressure tanks with a 30/50 switch. Noticed gage at booster reads about 45, and there is a discrepancy between the pressure tanks... the taller is 23, a bit below its normal 29, the shorter tank was reading high at 40...
  4. Shawn Parker

Water sensor switch. There are times in late summer drought where my well can't always deliver the 350 gallons from 'switch on' to 'switch off' ...

I'm confused about the wiring of the CSV to the 'pressure switch' and the setting instructions which seem to be reliant on the numbers observed from filling the pressure tank and its pressure switch turning the pump on or off. The pressure switch related to the pressure tanks is on my booster...
  5. Shawn Parker

Water sensor switch. There are times in late summer drought where my well can't always deliver the 350 gallons from 'switch on' to 'switch off' ...

well even if it at least shuts off I'm in better shape, even if I have to prime the line before turning it back on right? There is only a short period of time when the well might not be able to fill the 350 gallons needed to raise the upper float. Last summer was the first time in many years...
  6. Shawn Parker

logic box? When the lower float drops it turns on the well pump filling the holding tank until the upper float raises and turns off the pump. In this picture the pump is running and the top float is rising, but the water is only an inch up on the upper weight (blue lines), when full the water...
  7. Shawn Parker

i don't have a submersible pump, it is the 2 line pump pictured. The well company's water analysis of the water says it has no smell or taste but it WILL EAT FIXTURES. Replacing a submersible pump every few years didn't seem a good choice when the well was put in back in 1964, or now either. It...
  8. Shawn Parker

the booster pump isn't the problem and I think it's controlled by the pressure switch and the 2 bladder tanks and will turn on when a sufficient volume of water is being used.... enough for the pressure to drop til the cut in pressure kicks the booster on. The bottom float switch /weight...
  9. Shawn Parker

in the holding tank all in one time. So I manually turn off the well pump and after a little recovery time, it can finish the fill. I need a sensor switch at the well pump that will turn it off (without losing prime), wait a prescribed time, then turn on again.... NOT a combo sensor/pressure...
  10. Shawn Parker

Float switch adjustments needed due to less water available to fill storage tank

How would I restrict the output of the pump? Is it a fairly simple procedure?
  11. Shawn Parker

Float switch adjustments needed due to less water available to fill storage tank

I have an 8 inch well, the ejector and foot valve are together at 52' in a 56' well, with the water table being somewhere around 22' in 2018, but must be lower with slower recovery because of the drought and it being late Summer. It must suck air because it stops pumping water when there is...
  12. Shawn Parker

This is all because of the severe drought in Calif, in combination with it being late Summer, resulting in the problem in question, which just started recently and should remedy itself when the rains start and recovery volume increases. From what I've observed there isn't 300 gallons available...
  13. Shawn Parker

the system has been fine for 40 years as is. This is all because of the severe drought in Calif, in combination with it being late Summer, resulting in the problem in question, which just started recently and should remedy itself when the rains start and recovery volume increases.
  14. Shawn Parker

Thank you... that's basically all I wanted to know. This is all because of the severe drought in Calif, in combination with it being late Summer, resulting in the problem in question, which just started recently and should remedy itself when the rains start and recovery volume increases...
  15. Shawn Parker

I don't have a deep pump, I have an above ground 2 line jet pump with a foot valve down in the well. When the well runs dry the well pump also loses its prime, so turning the pump back on after the well has recovered a volume of water will not start pumping water until it is primed first. My...
  16. Shawn Parker

My system- 56' well, foot valve @ 52', water table @ 22' normally, 2 line 220v jet pump, 1100 gallon storage tank with float switches, 2 pressure tanks, and a booster pump. This set up has always worked without a problem, being able to refill the 300 gallon difference from pump on to pump off...
  17. Shawn Parker

Well well well... need advice asap

3/4 hp 2 line jet pump, well 56 ft..... foot valve set at 49 ft....water table approx. 19 ft. 1100g holding tank with booster pump and 2 bladder tanks. Full lengths 1" and 1.25" 160psi poly pipe My booster pump manifold blew open and I lost 1100g and totally lost prime. The usual method of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks