Search results

1. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

Thanks guys ... I learn a lot here. Appreciated!
  2. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

Thank you Reach4 ... I appreciate your time in response and explanations in helping me to understand. Appreciated ...
  3. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

Thank you Reach4, your advice in the past has always been spot on... but could you explain please, so I understand why?
  4. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

I noticed when working on my well, that my 40-60 pressure switch on the above ground house pressurizing pump there is a low pressure cut off lever. But the 40-60 pressure switch on my submersible well pump does not have the low pressure cut off lever. Is this a safety feature I should have on...
  5. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

Thank you and to clarify ... I have the 90' well, 220V, 40-60 switch, 40 gallon pressure tank that supplies water to irrigation taps throughout front acre of my property, (about 10 taps- at night these taps run sprinklers on timers throughout property- currently all irrigation is off. There is...
  6. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

Thanks guys, Always appreciate your input. I doubled my holding tanks to two 2400 gallon tanks two years ago so with 4800 gallons of storage I should have some time to shut off well pump and let it rest. When I throw the breaker and shut off electrical to well, should I also shut off water from...
  7. Aaron Shrogman

Well cycling

I have a leak in my main line going from well to storage tanks. I won't be able to repair for about a week. Currently my submersible well pump, 220 V, 90 ft. deep, 40-60 pressure switch, 40 gallon pressure tank, is cycling at 1 minute of run time and 13 minutes of rest before the 40-60 shut...
  8. Aaron Shrogman

Adding an additional water storage tank ...

We have a submersible pump that pumps water up to a 2500 gallon tank. From there it drops about 40 feet to a second pressure tank, 30/50 psi switch and pump that pressurizes the house water system ... Currently there is a float valve in the 2500 gallon tank that controls water levels in the...
  9. Aaron Shrogman

Two pressure switch boxes on pressure pump installation?

Thank you all for your time and information ...
  10. Aaron Shrogman

Didn’t see Llegetfa’s last post, must have just come in. That’s a good point about air in system preventing water flow in line and not allowing pump to self prime. I might have been clever enough to keep the line open down line to allow water flow, or the pressure tank may have maintained...
  11. Aaron Shrogman

Thank you Reach 4 for suggestions about checking model # of black switch. Will do. I’ve never needed to prime that pump after shutting off water from tank. Gravity brings it down once water service from tank is reopened. I don’t even think I needed to throw the lever to ‘start’ position on low...
  12. Aaron Shrogman

Thank you so much for the explanation. And yes ... it is before the pressure pump. So for the first pressure switch to be a low pressure switch is it basically identical in construction as the 40/60 switch but with the psi setting set in such a way that once pressure drops below a certain psi...
  13. Aaron Shrogman

Thank you ... and no we haven’t discussed some of your questions yet. To explain, I have a submersible pump in my water well that supplies water about 200 feet horizontal and a climb of approximately 40+ feet to a 2500 gallon holding tank. That tank is full all the time and is monitored by a...
  14. Aaron Shrogman

Thank you for the explanation. How can I test that the reverse low pressure switch is functioning properly as well. Would I just turn off power to shut off pump, drain water from the system, then open water back into system and turn the power back on. If the reverse low pressure switch is...
  15. Aaron Shrogman

Thank you ... so if the black switch is a reverse pressure switch, which as far as I can tell is functioning correctly, then I could simply replace the Square D 40/60 220v gray pressure switch by rewiring it the same as the existing one and leave the low pressure switch as is, and it should work...
  16. Aaron Shrogman

The pressure pipe is underneath the gray pressure switch box and comes straight up so you cannot see it from the picture’s angle. In answer to Valveman’s question ... there is gravity flow from the 2500 gallon water tank which is 40 + feet above the location of this pressure tank installation...
  17. Aaron Shrogman

In the attached picture you will see two apparent pressure switches installed in line (one black/one gray). This is the pressure tank/pump installation that pressurizes my house. It is not our well. Our well has a submersible pump that sends water to a 2500 gallon holding tank that then sends...
  18. Aaron Shrogman

Well diaphragm pressure tank

Both you and Valveman have been very helpful ... thank you. We chatted a bit back in October/November when I joined this blog to find people, just like you two, who could answer questions. The plumbing supply guys were useless and the well repair men out here charge port to port and have to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks