Search results

1. WILLY TINKLER

How deep to bury my new toilet drain pipe?

Here is a few photos of pipe coming out of the hole I knocked out. The small pipe coming out is supply line coming from meter. How is best way to fill the oversized hole now in the concrete footing? Will mortar or sackrete damage the pipe? Does the combo wye 45 go on the the 4" pipe first and...
  2. WILLY TINKLER

Is this what I need? One also for vent? Vent is going on outside wall.
  3. WILLY TINKLER

I finally busted hole out and need advice on which fittings be best to connect to the 4" pipe coming out wall to make a 90 degree turn to main sewer Also how far from wall to put the 4" main line?
  4. WILLY TINKLER

The distance from toilet flange to wall exit is only 13 inches.
  5. WILLY TINKLER

So bore out my 4" sewer pipe hole 12 inches deep below the footing as in photo below?
  6. WILLY TINKLER

Hope I put this in the right section as I have not a single reply yet. :(
  7. WILLY TINKLER

I am adding new bathroom in a building with concrete slab. cinder block walls and need advice on how deep to bury the 4" drain pipe coming out the back of the 8" thick foundation section footing the blocks rest on. The footings look over 30 inches deep..might be more but only went down 30"...
  8. WILLY TINKLER

See you later, not goodbye

I was not at the site for a long time and come here today and see the bad news. I hope Terry is in peace with God now.
  9. WILLY TINKLER

How do I add shutoff valve to 3/8" copper tubing?

I have 3/8" copper tubing coming out of bath wall and need to put a shut off valve in between. The copper is I.D. 3/8" and O.D. .500. I cant find any brass shut off valves anywhere where I live with 3/8" to 3/8" copper pipe compression on both ends. Do They make them? Can you help with...
  10. WILLY TINKLER

Do I use pipe dope or other selant on this brass valve fitting?

Please tell me if I use a sealant or pipe dope of some sort on these two mating surfaces on the brass tub valve. These are the two smooth surfaces which mate together. I marked them in red in the photo. Do I use a special teflon paste or tape on the threads part?
  11. WILLY TINKLER

New drain pipe under concrete slab replacement- am I getting overcharged?

$7800 ??? Are you really being serious? What would new drain lines be for a hole house...$75000? This is located in Texas...does this have any effect? My neighbor told me I paid too much and it should have been only about $500 for this job.
  12. WILLY TINKLER

I did not know people still use cast iron under a concrete slab as it rusts so bad? So you say the $900 charge was a drop in the bucket?
  13. WILLY TINKLER

I have am having a new pvc drain pipe being put in going to the kitchen sink. The old pipe was old metal pipe which was clogged full of grease and the bottom was rotted though all the way to the grease trap connection. The 50 gallon concrete great trap was clogged to the top with rock hard...
  14. WILLY TINKLER

Electric tankless water heater using a lot of kw hours

So if these electric tankless heaters suck why are they even made? It seems they are a big waste of energy if they suck out so much energy it knocks out an entire block. Is gas powered heaters any better? Maybe they suck up 100 times more natural gas when you turn them on running up your gas...
  15. WILLY TINKLER

Electric tankless water heater using a lot of kw hours

Ok I need someone to answer this question on how much an electric tankless hot water heater uses. If a tankless heater is rated at 24kw, does it mean everytime the hot water is turned on the heater will be drawing 24000 watts of power from the circuit panel? I am no math genius at formulas...
  16. WILLY TINKLER

Need help replacing tank gas water heater with tankless

I have an old gas tank heater in a small closet which is about 3'x3'x8'high and used only for a heater. It is vented straight up through the center of the ceiling out to the roof. I need to know is there tankless water heaters I can buy which can use the hole already there going through the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks