Search results

1. sschoe2

What tool can I use for large faucet lock nut

Hi my house came with this kitchen faucet that has always been loose. The nut underneath the sink is 2" or more and I haven't found a tool that can get purchase enough to tighten it. I tried a basin wrench, the Rigid type faucet install tool no go. There is also this gold looking thin nut I...
  2. sschoe2

Shower valve identify and switched hot and cold

I have a shower valve in my house that I am unable to identify. The overflow plate says Gerber but I can find no identifying markings on the shower valve, I am not sure if it is Moen or what. It pulls out to turn on and right is hot and left is cold. I assume there is a shower cartridge that I...
  3. sschoe2

Toilet install and flange repair difficult

So I had a rocking toilet and wanted to change the no-name one that came with the house and was clogging frequently to an American Standard. I figured the PVC flange was cracked and bought a metal ring and a spanner flange. I could not find anything solid under the lip of the flange to screw to...
  4. sschoe2

Reusing desoldered fittings

I have a question on resuing fittings after you desolder them. I am finding that the female fitting tends to have little beads of solder inside that make it impossible to fit the new pipe/male fitting inside. Is there any way to remove it?
  5. sschoe2

Working with black gas pipe when to stop tightening

Someday I am going to have to replace my water heater and want to be ready. I live in Illinois and the stupid code won't let me use the yellow flex lines. I've never worked with black gas pipe before. I work with gas lines at work (Gas Chromatography Chemist) but it is all 1/16", 1/8", or 1/4"...
  6. sschoe2

What is the purpose of dead end capped lengths of pipes

I have copper piping and was wondering what the purpose of the branches of short lengths dead end/capped pipes in various locations were.
  7. sschoe2

Securing horizontal pipe in the basement not near joists

So I finally gave up on salvaging the hot old gate valve on my washing machine and ended up cutting out both valves repiping it with copper and a new WM ball vallve. I now can't figure out how to secure it. There is a very heavy duty sturdy gas and a sump pipe. My only idea is use 3 heavy duty...
  8. sschoe2

Basic question on old WM shutoff valve

I had to do some repairs on my washing machine today. The old gate valve was unable to shut off the hot water completely and it also has a very minute leak from the handle. I know I need teflon packing rope for the handle and a new washer for the shutoff. I watched all the videos. The valves in...
  9. sschoe2

How to operate this water heater drain valve

This feels like a dumb question but I am stumped. I am trying to do a drain flush on my water heater and can't figure out how this valve works. I tried turning the nut like thing counterclockwise and nothing happened. It is about a 10 year old Bradford White.
  10. sschoe2

Moen pull out Kitchen faucet minimal flow.

Yet another plumbing issue on my new house after dealing with the leaky laundry facet from h#ll Friday, bath tub, and orphaned water heater. There is almost no flow coming from the kitchen faucet (spray is a bit better than stream) so I realize that means the filter at the bottom of the wand...
  11. sschoe2

Bathtub stopper switch won't lock in either position

Hi all I just moved into my new place and the folks on the water heater forum were very helpful to helping me figure out what the issue was with my orphaned water heater. Anyways I have another issue. I took my first shower in the new place in the tub/shower and the stopper switch is totally...
  12. sschoe2

Working with black gas pipe and water heater.

Hi all I just bought a home and the water heater is going to need to be replaced soon. It is 11 years old and it was not installed with dielectric unions causing heavy corrosion on the water fittings and some on the top of the heater tank. I am pretty good with plumbing. I am also a chemist and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks