Search results

1. Duffman56

No room for fittings

What do you guys do when there isn’t room for fittings? I’ve lowered my subfloor for a curbless shower. Unfortunately the 2x4 framing is now in the way of my DWV plumbing. Even if I put the wye all the way against the joist, I can’t see how I’ll be able to properly get the 1-1/2” line off of...
  2. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

Wayne - you have been a huge help. Many many thanks. If you’re ever out in western KS the drinks are on me.
  3. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

So I need to bring the 2" line into the 3" line after the elbow. I think my drawing matches what you're saying. I may run the two 1-1/2" dry vent stacks, or may combine them all into one in the ceiling. I'd have to drill through a lot of 2x6's to combine, and I was thinking 1-1/2" wasn't...
  4. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

OK. I think I finally have it down. I'll plan on only the lavs having a dry vent. I'll run 1-1/2" dry vents from the lavs all the way through the roof. Then I'll run 1-1/2" drain vents from each sink, that convert to 2" once the drain is handling both sinks. This 2" line will tie in to the...
  5. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

Well, I'm definitely showing my lack of plumbing experience here, but I do greatly appreciate your help. From your last post it sounds like I have two options. 1) I can use 1-1/2" dry vents for the lavs and vent them through the roof. Does the dry vent need upgraded to 2" at any point, or is...
  6. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

Oh shoot, I did read it backwards. What if I keep the dry vent location (for attic reasons), but have it 90 in the ceiling, towards the sinks' dry vents? Then I have the sink drains tie into the 3" line. Would this work? If so would I need to use 2" for dry vent and wet vents for sinks...
  7. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

Not sure I fully understand you about the dry vents, but if I do, I was planning on running the 1-1/2" dry vents up in the wall cavity, then going lateral once they were above the ceiling line. Then into the 2" dry vent behind the toilet. Everything would be vertical until it got about 6'...
  8. Duffman56

Venting Bathroom

I'm planning to do the plumbing for my master bathroom addition. I have run some PEX and some PVC for the main supply to the house, but never drain lines. I'm hoping to get enough questions answered today that I can buy the majority of the materials I will need at Home Depot when I'm in "the...
  9. Duffman56

Shower mixing valve and continuation of supply line

Good point reach. Was hoping for 3/4” MNPT to 1” pex. Is MIP male iron pipe? That’s what internet search suggested.
  10. Duffman56

Thanks again Jad. Would you plumb the wall cavity by the shower in the way I was proposing? If so, how would you work in shutoffs? Have you ever heard of a 3/4" npt to 1" pex elbow? Can't seem to find one. Thanks!
  11. Duffman56

Thanks Jad. I'd originally thought about using 1" but had seen a few places online say 3/4" would work. I have a cousin that owns his own plumbing business and he'd said 3/4" would work as well. But if you really think I need to go with 1" I can do that. Would you plumb the wall cavity by...
  12. Duffman56

One more question - I'm needing a 3/4" npt to 1" pex elbow for where my main line enters the house, but have been unable to find one anywhere. Do these exist? Thanks to anyone who replies.
  13. Duffman56

New to the forum and to plumbing. Live in an old house, built around 1900. Three bathroom sinks, two toilets, two shower/tubs, kitchen sink, dishwasher, washing machine, and utility sink. Eventually (maybe in a decade) I hope to add another full bathroom.... Virtually all of the plumbing is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks