Search results

1. Cowdogs

Question about Clack value settings

While doing my 1st year service on my water softener and Katalox iron filter, I decided to review the setting on both valves. I just want to stay familiar with how the value works. The one setting that I may not fully understand is what the value is the salt FILL number. Mine is set to 15lbs...
  2. Cowdogs

Setting Salt Efficiency

So I am looking at improving my understanding of the variables involved in controlling a water softener value for salt efficiency. My value is a Clack EE, but my questions probably apply to any softener. It seems to me 3 things must be managed. How often/soon the softener regenerates. This...
  3. Cowdogs

Iron Filter Question

Hello. I have a question about a new system I am having installed at my house that includes an iron filter (AIO Katalox). My previous system did not have an iron filter, so this is a new thing. My question is about residual air in the water after the Iron Filter. Is this likely to be an...
  4. Cowdogs

Katalox backwash question

I see the recommendation is these filters using Katalox-Light should be backwashed every 3-4 days. 4 days is often listed as the max time you should go. One reason I see given is that the oxidized iron (rust) will be clogging the media and water flow might be reduced. My question is, why is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks