Search results

1. Banjo Bud

What is this valve and how do I use it?

Ok thanks
  2. Banjo Bud

Thanks. I just read all of it. So does that mean that I leave the thumb nut tight and somehow it’s spring loaded to release air? There is a rubber gasket in the bottom of the nut and the nut top has slits on the sides. I’m thinking that the gasket gives way at a certain psi to expel air. Is that...
  3. Banjo Bud

I’m at my dads house and he has hot water heat. The hot water tank needed a new pressure relief valve so I had to drain a few gallons from the tank to install a new valve. Then of course I had to get air out of the system as i refilled it. I did that by opening the pump at one end. All went well...
  4. Banjo Bud

A Bigger Pressure Tank?

I have to agree with WorthFlorida. Ditch the tank and water directly from the pump. That’s the way I sprinkle.
  5. Banjo Bud

Educate me

if I could raise the pump 6 inches would it help with the silt without pumping dry?
  6. Banjo Bud

Educate me

So there’s 11’ from the bottom (I assume) of the pump to the top of the water in the well pipe? Seems like that’s enough room to raise the pump a few feet? Yes?
  7. Banjo Bud

Educate me

So what does static mean? And why can’t I lift the pump up some?
  8. Banjo Bud

Educate me

What exactly do these numbers mean? If the pump is at 49’ and the well is 50’, could this be why my dad gets silt in his filter quickly?
  9. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

Here’s a picture of the underside of the well cap. I’m not sure what it all means.
  10. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

I really have no idea. It’s at my dads house 10 hours from me. But I could ask him. Maybe he has a record.
  11. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

This brings up a question. Can I change over to a 40-60 instead of a 30-50? Is mine a 30-50 because the pump isn’t capable of 60?
  12. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

Got it thanks. My pressure switch is a 30/50. The tank seems good and I took a pressure reading when the pump cut off. The dial pressure gage next to the pressure switch read 55 and my tire gage on the tank read 53. Then I opened a faucet and let the water pressure drop until the pump cut on...
  13. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

How do I know if my pressure is bad? Is there a test I can perform? I’m concerned the bladder is bad. The tank is 27 years old and is a 20 gallon. Thanks.
  14. Banjo Bud

New HW tank problem

It’s not a drastic difference. I didn’t get a chance to check the elements yet.
  15. Banjo Bud

How high can a jet pump push water?

I know they can pull water from a maximum of 25’ but after the water gets to the pump, how far can it push it?
  16. Banjo Bud

Finally!! It's in and running. :)

It may look ridiculous to you but to me it looks great. And you got your walking in for the day. Great job.
  17. Banjo Bud

Had a scare but all is ok

yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen and heard my pump running. I had just come from the bathroom so I figured the toilet was filling up. But the pump didn’t quit. So I went to check the toilet and it had stopped filling. But the pump was still running. Now I’m concerned I have a leak...
  18. Banjo Bud

Do I need a pressure tank?

I have an irrigation system with nothing but a pump, lines, and heads. Four zones, 6-7 heads in each zone. It’s a non submersible pump pulling from a stream. I have a Rain Bird controller and a pump start relay. No tank. No CSV. It’s a direct shot from the stream, to the pump, and to the...
  19. Banjo Bud

How I flush my HW tank

This is probably the best advice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks