Search results

1. Xiaotian Guo

Old house bathroom remodel and inspection

Hi, I (homeowner) am in middle of DIY remodel a guest bathroom on 2nd floor of a 30 years old house. I made the following plumbing work - 1. Copper to PEX for all water lines in the bathroom 2. Replace the Toilet flange, 3" elbow and about 6 inches of horizontal 3" section. Had to do...
  2. Xiaotian Guo

Replacing drywall with kerdi board and freezing risk

Hi all, The small alcove shower(34x38) in the bathroom I am remodeling, has its plumbing fixture in exterior wall (6-inch). It had to be done this way because the opposite wall has 2 DWV pipes, including the main stack running through it. For the last 30 years it worked fine, behind the...
  3. Xiaotian Guo

Shower drain pipe with no slope - what to do?

Hi, I just finished my guest room demolition for a gut remodel. After opened the damaged subfloor above standing shower, I found that the ABS drain pipe has no slope, I put a torpedo level on it and it's dead center :( The level drain pipe(OD 2.5) is about 1 foot long between the P-Trap...
  4. Xiaotian Guo

Identify shower trim type/brand

Hi, Wondering if anyone had worked with these kind of shower trims before? Are these compatible with US plumbing standard? seems most of them are from Australia or Europe. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/82/4e/33824e56b3c8970c39cec08897711fee.jpg...
  5. Xiaotian Guo

Shower drain rough in p-trap

Hi, I am about to start my guest bathroom gut renovation, one thing still not very sure and hope I can get some advice on the shower drain p-trap installation - I will replace the existing P-Trap since I need to move the center of the drain a couple of inches, also I am using Durock's...
  6. Xiaotian Guo

Nail plate, stubout bracket/plate and drywall

Hi, I am a home owner and will be doing some DIY remodeling soon. Today I checked out a couple of new constructions near my house and found that the nail plates (protect pipes) and supply line stub-out plate/brackets are screwed onto the side of the studs directly, adding 1/16" thickness...
  7. Xiaotian Guo

Drop Ear Elbow, Nipple, NPT and IPS

Hi, A while ago I purchased a Moen 3510 shower valve which has 'IPS' female connector, at the time I did not know the difference between IPS(straight) and NPT(tapered), and thought I could avoid soldering with that connector. Then I found Pex adaptor I purchased and all I could find on...
  8. Xiaotian Guo

Moen diverter/supply valves distance question

I am going to install a Moen 3360 and Moen 3510 combo for my shower, from the 3360 installation instruction manual: "The distance from the supply valve center to the center of the transfer valve must be a minimum of 12" (305mm) to assure proper clearance of the transfer valve escutcheon and...
  9. Xiaotian Guo

A couple of noob questions

Hi, I am planning a guest bathroom remodel, I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answer anywhere - - I plan to replace copper pipes with PEX , and it will run horizontally in that room, at what height should I run the lines? (3/4 pex, with tee to fixtures) -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks