Search results

1. H22lude

Odd pressure switch behavior

Water level seems to be back up to the normal level this morning. Glad it got back up. Just wish I knew why recovery was so low now. Just thinking out loud, could iron or manganese build up cause recovery rate to lower? Edit: I found the well completion report and called the company that...
  2. H22lude

The water level yesterday was 330ft. My 3/4HP pump was having trouble with that. It doesn't look like a 1HP pump would do much better at that depth. If I were to drop the pump even lower, I'd most likely need 1.5HP pump, right?
  3. H22lude

The depth to pumping water level is ground level to the top of the water correct?
  4. H22lude

So you would recommend replacing the pump with one that can handle going deeper versus trying hydrofracking to see if I can increase recovery rate throughout the entire well? I think both have their own pros and cons, at least looking at it as a novice well owner. Replacing the pump and going...
  5. H22lude

So in essence, I'm keeping the water level lower but also lowering the pump so my available storage doesn't really change but it may recovery faster at that lower level? And obviously if the well fills up overnight, that is just added water in storage.
  6. H22lude

Oh so you are saying as you go deep, recovery rate may change? It couldn't be less right? So you think getting a new pump and putting it in deeper is the best option?
  7. H22lude

I understand the cranberry farm comment. I didn't think about other people using more water around me too. I'm confused by the first comment. Why would water usage affect recovery rate?
  8. H22lude

So what would be causing the lower recovery right now? Or is it not a right now situation and this is what my recovery is even when we aren't in a drought? That would not be good
  9. H22lude

Yeah that's where a lot of our water usage was coming from. And actually, doing the math it all makes sense. Static level has been 40ft when measured prior to this issue. Water was at 330ft right now. Almost 300ft. I have 4 sprinkler zones, two using 1.5gpm, one using .75gpm and one using...
  10. H22lude

I think as long as I keep the water level high, it should be ok, right? When it is full, it is at 40 ft. Right now it is at 330ft after using it often for newly seeded lawn. I'm going to test what the static level is tomorrow morning after not using water overnight. As long as it can get...
  11. H22lude

Well guy just left. He tested the amps, tested the switch, looked to see if the pressure dropped to see if there was a hole. Everything looked ok to him in regards to those things working. Pressure was still taking a long time to get back up to 60psi. He tested the static value and all that...
  12. H22lude

Nothing odd at the faucet. Everything seems normal there. No air or extra debris. Oh I wonder if water isn't flowing into the well much right now for some reason. That could explain why it takes a while for it to get back to 60psi.
  13. H22lude

I'll have to order a clamp around multimeter. I called the well company that installed the tank and switch. They are coming today. Hopefully they can find the issue and it is related to their install so it will be something they fix for free, instead of a new pump Edit I did shut the power...
  14. H22lude

Pull up the pump itself? That is almost 500ft down
  15. H22lude

No, all I can see is the top 1.5ft of the well casing with cap. Everything else is underground
  16. H22lude

Hopefully this is what yo uwanted to see. Yes that is what the plug looks like. When I went down this morning it was at 55psi and the soda ash plug was live. This is telling me the pressure switch isn't getting enough pressure to get to the cut off and it just sits at 55psi, but it is weird...
  17. H22lude

That worm clamp on the bottom left is connected to the tee where the soda ash goes into. Then after that it goes around back to where the pipe comes into the foundation. I can't take a picture around back because it is so close into the corner. So now it is back to 60psi and when I plug the...
  18. H22lude

Just looked at the gauge, it is back to 50psi with no water running. Could the pump be going?
  19. H22lude

Here's a picture of the switch and gauge. The pipe coming into the house is behind the pressure tank so I can't get a picture of that. I don't see anything on there that would be a check valve.
  20. H22lude

How would I check if I had a check valve?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks