Search results

1. Timmed

Basement floor drain

Hi all. DIY person here asking for advice. Demoing an old basement kitchen and in the process of removing tile I discovered there used to be a floor drain that they tiled over (WHO DOES THAT???) I'm sure there was a remodel at some point, and whatever handyman did the tile work thought it was...
  2. Timmed

Basement sink issue

Greetings all. Been trying to troubleshoot an issue with a basement sink for a few years now. The house has a mother-in-law unit in the basement with a full kitchen. There is a utility/laundry room located directly above it in the main house. The problem is that when I dump a large volume of...
  3. Timmed

Heat trap on new Rheem hybrid water heater

Hi all - Just purchased a new Rheem hybrid electric hot water heater. It's unclear to me whether the factory installed nipples are heat trap nipples, or just an inlet pipe. It sorta looks like a heat trap, but its installed horizontally, which makes me wonder. The installation guide also...
  4. Timmed

Issue with basement sink

Hi all - I have a really weird problem I have been unable to diagnose. Typical ranch house built in 1963. There is a utility room on the first floor with a large sink. Directly below the utility room is a basement kitchen, also with a sink. The two sinks seem to share the same 2" drain pipe...
  5. Timmed

How to support bend in 1-1/4" Uponor PEX-A

Hi all - I'm replacing the line between my well casing and well tank, planning to use 1.25" Uponor PEX. The pipe comes up through the floor of the garage, and I'm hoping to bend it from the trench up through the floor rather than using a 90 degree elbow. My trench is like 24 inches deep, so...
  6. Timmed

Weird toilet flange

Hello - I removed the toilet in a 1963 era home only to find it doesn't have the normal closet flange. Instead it just has 2 threaded holes in it that you twist the closet bolts into. On top of that, at one point they tiled the floor so the flange is now a good 5/8 below the level of the tile...
  7. Timmed

PEX installation question

Greetings all. I just completed a total re-pipe of my home. It had galvanized supply pipes and has been completely re-done with Uponor PEX. I used 3/4 trunks for both hot & cold, and multi-port tees at each location to distribute the 1/2 supply lines to each fixture. Wow, what a difference...
  8. Timmed

Copper pipe into galvanized?

I just replaced my dishwasher, all went well and its working fine. When I pulled out the old one, found an abandoned connection, it looks to be 1/2 copper into a 2 1/2 galvanized vent/drain pipe. They soldered a cap on the copper instead of backing out the galvanized plug and just capping the...
  9. Timmed

Main circuit panel replacement

Greetings all. I am having the main circuit panel in my home replaced. It's circa 1963 technology, and I'm adding a whole-house surge and generator hook-up at the same time. There is a 50Amp sub-panel in a detached garage that connects into my main panel. They only ran 2 conductors and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks