Search results

1. wallhanger

Moen 1200 cartridge - can I just replace the rings??

Old cartridges, repair kits. This picture won't expand so you can't see kit part numbers or corrosion damage. Ace 45487. Danco 89018. The danco kit is needed for plastic cartridges if it is necessary to replace the rubber side panels. I think the two largest o-rings are faucet spout o-rings...
  2. wallhanger

I can't find a way to delete posts and start over with specific replies to specific posts. As far as op's question goes: there are orings on the outside, yes, but there are also orings on the inner stem. You have to remove the snap ring holding the inner stem in and then pull the stem out. The...
  3. wallhanger

Never mind, they are not very "springy" and after a lot of "slipping off" I was able to get hold of an end of the clip with needlenose pliers and get it off the cartridge. I'm finding only 2 orings on the stem inside.
  4. wallhanger

If so--being curious, what does it cost and where do you get one?
  5. wallhanger

No hot water kitchen faucet

(amateur homeowner here.) I recently removed an older Moen faucet to see if I could repair it from damage from a stuck cartridge and my attempts to remove said cartridge. The vertical length of the hot water side was almost completely blocked by scale. You can get a set of inexpensive various...
  6. wallhanger

Recommendations-- New sink drain and basket ?

Insinkerator Badger 15 SS, purchased 2-3 years ago at Lowes. (Receipt lost, so no chance of warranty, hope it keeps working.) I was physically unable to install it at the time of purchase, and have then been stalling because of all the trouble I had sealing the right hand strainer flange the...
  7. wallhanger

Recommendations-- New sink drain and basket ?

I would like to replace a sink strainer/basket that has finish wearing off. Suggestions for a sink strainer/basket with finish that might hold up better than this under heavy use? Thank you. Perspective pictures below.
  8. wallhanger

Moen 7300 Faucet deck plate retaining ring removal tool?

The image is a faucet body of a Moen 7300 series legend kitchen faucet. Immediately above the chrome deck plate is a nickel colored snap ring with a gap in it. Is there an inexpensive tool I can purchase to get that ring off and not have it fly into my face or across the room. (I am an older...
  9. wallhanger

Moen 7310 valve body side spray brass plug needed. How to find?

Could the fitting type shown in my post 6 above be something called NPTF ? And from there, since a 3/8" bolt fit loosely at the opening of the faucet outlet, and then bound up after a few turns, I would be looking for a 3/8" brass NPTF plug?
  10. wallhanger

Washer machine in basement

Speaking as an older person with arthritis, if the house is being completely gutted, (and I assume cottage means small) is a stacking washer and dryer setup on the ground floor worth consideration?
  11. wallhanger

Adding bathroom sink clean out

When I had a kitchen remodeled a number of years ago, I believe I had the plumber use a slightly larger diameter plastic pipe than code required. The only jam I ever had was when a bird fell into the pipe from the roof and froze. I don't remember exactly how I cleared that, but I don't remember...
  12. wallhanger

Thank you for the searching on my behalf. Before I try something like that, I would still like to try to find a plug. I'd hoped, in posting here, that I could get a long time plumber that could say: "The fitting on the end of the hose is an --xx-- fitting with a --zz-- thread and you can...
  13. wallhanger

Basement Floor Drain

I am a very very amateur homeowner when it comes to repairs. (As in I just spent 2-3 days fiddling with a faucet and disposer replacement). That looks exactly like the kind of thing that turns into the next nightmare when I start on it. I like the suggestion of a chisel myself. I might even...
  14. wallhanger

Would like a plug with proper threads to replace the sprayer hose end. (I have created a temporary workaround so I can use the faucet (without a sprayer).)
  15. wallhanger

The hardware store guy did try an 1/8" brass pipe plug. It went in a little ways and then stopped. The pipe plug has a very coarse thread that does not match with the threading in the faucet body or the fitting on the end of the sprayer hose. I'll work on the pictures for you. I have two on my...
  16. wallhanger

Two pictures added in post 6. The sink bottom and the sprayer hose fitting I would like to replace with a plug. Problem, explanation I have had a Moen Legend 7300 series (no sprayer) faucet in my home for many years. (It is a metal sink with fairly deep basins and three holes that would have...
  17. wallhanger

Wall tiling and wall hanging toilet

May be a bit tight.
  18. wallhanger

And everybody is happy because there is clean and functional plumbing for the weekend.
  19. wallhanger

And the rush pre-plumber tile job: The picture a few posts above is what it looked like after the plumber left.
  20. wallhanger

Sheet rock. This was complicated. There are 4 pieces. The two left ones are 1/2" with a 1/2" edge at the left and a finish edge facing right next to a full thickness of 1/4". The long 1/4" piece at the right has a finish edge at the right next to the tile. This cut the sheetrock thickness down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks