Search results

1. stormlight

Calculate GPM with slot size, pipe diameter and length.

Thank you, so for the JohnSon ScreenS 60 WIRe moDeLS - 304 AND 316 STAINLeSS STeeL at 1.25 width You take the open area of the screen and multiple it by .31. 5.8 x .31 = 1.798 GPM per liner foot So if the screen is 4 feet you would get a max of 7.192 ? Thanks
  2. stormlight

Calculate GPM with slot size, pipe diameter and length.

Can someone tell me the formula to determine GPM for different slot sizes of well points? For example, in a perfect conditions if I have a sand well point that has a slot size of .006, 1 1/4 pipe width, and the screen length is 36 in how do i determine best case GPM? What if i take the same...
  3. stormlight

Slot Width/Mesh Size + pipe size = GPM formula ?

Thank you, When you say production is minimal what are you getting? Are you getting something like on the Johnson page? 8gpm for a .006 per standard screen length? So if my goal is 16gpm and I know that the aquifer can support that, I can buy two 2 inch sand point screens at .006 connect them...
  4. stormlight

Is there ever an example of a larger lateral pipe causing issues. Better to always go big?

Is there ever a scenario in which if you oversize a lateral line and it can cause issues? (Pressure, etc?) For example, I have a 6GPM city feed currently. I am putting in a sprinkler system now. In a year or two I will have a 15-20 GPM or more well system. Can I put a 1 1/4 lateral pipe in...
  5. stormlight

Slot Width/Mesh Size + pipe size = GPM formula ?

Hello, is there a formula to determine GPM when you know pipe size and slot size. For example what would my GPM be with: 1 1/4 inch pipe X .006 slot size or aka 100 Mesh 1 1/4 inch pipe X .010 slot size or aka 60 Mesh 1 1/4 inch pipe X .020 slot size or aka 30 Mesh 2 inch pipe X .006 slot...
  6. stormlight

How to prime check valve suction side. (no foot valve)

Hello, How does one prime a suction line/pump when using a check valve? Let's say you have a pump, a few feet before the suction line goes in the ground you have a check valve. Then you have 10 feet of the suction pipe that holds nothing but air until you hit water in the ground. How does...
  7. stormlight

Where to buy a good slot (not mesh) sand point.

Yes, so close. I’m looking for that but instead of a .010 I’m looking for a .008 slot size and preferably a 1.25. I wonder if the .008 size is why it’s so hard to get a hold off.
  8. stormlight

This is exactly my problem. I can find pvc slot but I can’t find any steel slotted. When ever you see steel it’s mesh. Like the second one you pasted Is there a steel slotted one with no mesh? I think Johnson sells steel slots but no one will sell to me as I’m residential.
  9. stormlight

I live in a urban area that doesn't have access to stores with well points or have drilling companies near by. The only well points im finding are the mesh kind. Does anyone have a place they know of where I can buy a slotted 1.25 or 2 inch sandpoint? Thanks for any recommendations.
  10. stormlight

Sand point connected to shallow well pump. Possible?

Thank you, again. My question now is how? Say I have a well and it has a foot valve. If something gets caught in the valve and it stays open the water falls out of the foot valve and the pump loses prime. On the other hand with a check valve near the pump i could see the check valve keeping...
  11. stormlight

I think I’m throwing to many things at this thread, Sorry. It’s 8 foot to the water from surface and 25 foot from surface to the check valve. This was just for reference. I guess my main questions/points that need clarification in my example of surface to water being 8 feet is: 1. Are foot...
  12. stormlight

I should say this is in reference to a 25 foot well. Thanks
  13. stormlight

Ok, but since a sand well point has no foot valve at the bottom how does it not have these same problems you describe above? What am I missing ? Also, where is the proper placement for a checkpoint valve on a sand point. On the suction side before the pump or on the exhaust side after the...
  14. stormlight

Hello, If you drive a Sandpoint down into the ground there is no foot valve. Since you do not have a foot valve is it possible to hook up the sandpoint to an electric pump for irrigation. Or will the pump always loose prime with out a foot valve. Is the answer to this to put a check valve on...
  15. stormlight

Best material to connect metal pipe.

Hello all, Can someone tell me the best material to connect two threaded metal pipes in a sand point install. I was going to use pipe dope to screw two threaded pipes to my sand point. However, I then read a post about Neo-Fermit and hemp fiber to seal the pipe so its a sealed vacum. Can...
  16. stormlight

Complete confusion: bad foot valve something else?

If the foot valve was stuck and wouldn't open when the pump was on, wouldn't that be part of the problem? The foot valve is 11 feet under water at the bottom of the casement pipe. It goes ground level - go 10 feet to hit water - then go through 11 feet of water to foot valve. How can the...
  17. stormlight

Complete confusion: bad foot valve something else?

Hello all, I have a 21 foot well. 10 feet to water then 11 feet of water. 4 inch casing pipe with a 1 1/4 suction pipe connected to a shallow well pump. After priming my pump the pump pulls up water for a minute and then goes dry. It doesn't appear that it stops because I have depleted all...
  18. stormlight

Friction loss in reverse: Small pipe to Large.

What I was saying is that the total length of the one inch pipe in this run is less then .5 inches. According to the friction calculator 1 foot of 1 inch sSCH 40 pipe has .31 of pressure loss. If i divide .31/12 that is not even measurable for me. What I was most concerned was for that tiny...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks