Search results

1. SteveoinBoulder

Need a fitting to drain both boiler condensate line and washing machine outflow. Does anyone know of a Wye that will do this?

Need a fitting to drain both boiler condensate line and washing machine outflow. Does anyone know of a Wye that will do this? Am using an Oatey box for the WM (1.5"). Stuffing the condensate line in the compresses it (too much) Thanks!
  2. SteveoinBoulder

Need help identifying shower valve Mfg.

Hi All, Tenant called about a broken shower valve. Seems to be missing a part (bushing?) that allows the handle to connect to the spindle. There are a couple #'s on the back cover but Google comes up empty. Does anyone recognize this valve/ mfg? Thanks!
  3. SteveoinBoulder

Bathroom Venting question

That is helpful, Thanks. I'm still not clear though which method is preferable. Obviously, I would heed the slope recommendation as well as insulation recommendations if vented through the wall.
  4. SteveoinBoulder

Bathroom Venting question

I am working on a building that has two upstairs apartments. Both bath fans were vented into the attic and not out of the building. We are about to replace the roof- which would be the perfect time to run the vent through it. It is also possible to run it out the side of the house- through the...
  5. SteveoinBoulder

R/O water for dishwasher?

Thanks for all the replies! I am ready to tackle this project. Will update when finished!
  6. SteveoinBoulder

Thank you for your reply. It confirms my bias against moving forward with this. I wasn't sure my first post went- couldn't find it when I searched so apologies for that. The calcite, I was advised, was meant to increase alkalinity- apparently, the R/O systems produce acidic water which is not...
  7. SteveoinBoulder

Hi All, I am mountain dweller on a well and am about to purchase an R/O system. A friend suggested two things: 1. I add a calcite filter to elevate the PH for drinking water 2. I upsize my R/O tank to about 30 gallons and run R/O water through my dishwasher (He also suggested I could run the...
  8. SteveoinBoulder

Hi All, I am mountain dweller on a well and am about to purchase an R/O system. A friend suggested two things: 1. I add a calcite filter to elevate the PH for drinking water 2. I upsize my R/O tank to about 30 gallons and run R/O water through my dishwasher (He also suggested I could run the...
  9. SteveoinBoulder

Help Identifying Roman Tub Faucet Valve

Huntington Brass says " Steve, our product used to have the whole "Huntington Brass" stamp/logo on it, and for the last 10 years we changed to just "HB" most major retail/wholesale stores carry those parts, like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace". Anyway, they said it's not theirs. Anyone else have any...
  10. SteveoinBoulder

Thank you Marlinman! I have sent them an email and will let you know what happens. Much appreciated!
  11. SteveoinBoulder

Hello All, I could use some help identifying a Roman Tub valve/ stem. I have posted a couple of photos of the stem and the valve in the hopes of getting some help identifying it. I took it to my local hardware shop (McGuckins in Boulder) and they couldn't find it. Chicago faucet said they...
  12. SteveoinBoulder

To replace or not to replace... that is the question!

Hey guys (and gals), I've got a 22-year-old A.O. Smith 40 gal water heater which shows no sign of failure however, if it does fail (and breaches the 2" high pan it sits in), it will flow through two floors of apartments. My gut says replace now. That said, I am curious how long these things...
  13. SteveoinBoulder

Combining venting for two fart fans

I recently discovered two fart fans in an apartment building were venting into a stud bay. Don't you just love that?! Anyway, I would like to properly vent them outside through the roof and I am thinking to connect them together (in the attic)and then send them through the roof in order not to...
  14. SteveoinBoulder

Major heat loss between side arm and fixtures

Thank you all for your replies! We ended up drilling some 4" holes in the drywall and finally found a mixing valve! I just love when people bury that under drywall- maybe they never heard of access panels?!? It was set to just over 1 (on a 4 scale). We bumped it to 4 and now have hotter water...
  15. SteveoinBoulder

Major heat loss between side arm and fixtures

I am wondering if there is a general rule of thumb with regards to how much heat loss to expect between the outlet from a sidearm (160degrees) and the respective fixtures per foot in a conditioned space (not an exterior wall). With 1/2" copper pipe, I am seeing more than a 50 degree loss at the...
  16. SteveoinBoulder

How to cope with a 6" rise in a shower drainline

Thanks Guys- With regards to installing a P-trap in place of the Drum Trap, does it matter that there is already a P-trap under the shower basin 4' feet away or would I need to remove that (this would involve demo)? I take it the "long P trap" is useless in this application (since it's not...
  17. SteveoinBoulder

How to cope with a 6" rise in a shower drainline

I'm working on a 1909 house in which the previous owner shoe-horned a bathroom into the attic. One part of the 1.5" shower drain line spills into a trap of some type (see photos) while the other spills out of the same trap several inches higher. It seems to have worked for the last 50 years...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks