Search results

1. SDATTIC

Toilet flange ripped off on lead pipe in concrete floor - how to fill the gap?

For any of you interested, I hired a plumber who did a great job at fixing this repair. He left the spray foam in tact that I had already put into the void as the base and then filled the rest with Quickrete. He covered the gap with a metal plate - apparently made by a company going out of...
  2. SDATTIC

That's what I was afraid you were going to say. I was starting to think this in your first reply... sounds much more serious than a DIYer should be delving into. Thanks for helping provide some clarity and letting me know what's involved. I'll circle back when it's fixed and let you know what...
  3. SDATTIC

Wow Mark. Thanks very much for all this info and the thorough explanation. The fact that you pointed out it's lead versus cast iron, likely saved me from some pretty large mistakes. The biggest challenge I have with this solution is that I'm in a condo building with an approx 4"-5" concrete...
  4. SDATTIC

The old toilet flange ripped off my 4" drain pipe. I was considering installing an Oatey PVC slide in compression flange but don't have a way to secure it (see photo). I filled the gap surrounding the flange with spray foam to form a base - the gap down to the foam is about 1-1/2" to 2" deep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks