Search results

1. asuwish

removing the goo

How do you remove the waxy sticky greasy goop (I'm assuming it was part of the wax ring on the bottom of my toilet) from carpet? During the demolition of our bathroom "someone" rested the toilet on a drop sheet that was then flipped over onto the carpet. I would love to know the magic trick...
  2. asuwish

mini moat around shower drain

Is this drain installed correctly? Should there really be a pool of water that doesn't go down the drain after each shower? And isn't gunk going to get caught there rather than being washed away? How do I break it to the plumber :eek: sure hope the whole darn shower stall doesn't have to be...
  3. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

I would like to show off our (almost) completed bathroom. It's only taken 4 and a half months... toto supreme toilet, maax shower stall, american standard sink, grohe eurodisk faucet and grohe shower; custom built vanity and radiant heating in the floor - ahhhh, that feels so nice. I will try...
  4. asuwish

Anyone else used Polished Concrete

I am having my bathroom renovated and I'm considering putting in a polished concrete floor and tub deck. I think it looks awesome from the sites I have searched but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble for such a small space. Has anyone else on this site done this? Any pros/cons to share with...
  5. asuwish

carpet issues

We are on the brink of finishing our renovation of our tv/study room which included new drywall, sound insulation, new windows, doors, trim, paint and so forth. I picked a colour for the carpet off a sample board. Turns out the board was faded and dirty but didn't find that out until the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks