Search results

1. asuwish

Panasonic Whisper Warm?

My biggest regret for our newly renovated bathroom was not getting a super quiet fan. I hate the rocket launcher being in there with me when I shower. Although I guess it's a good thing for guests with shy bladders, etc. I'm going to find out if I can get it replaced without too much damage...
  2. asuwish

removing the goo

How do you remove the waxy sticky greasy goop (I'm assuming it was part of the wax ring on the bottom of my toilet) from carpet? During the demolition of our bathroom "someone" rested the toilet on a drop sheet that was then flipped over onto the carpet. I would love to know the magic trick...
  3. asuwish

Toto and toilet seats

The seat does slope sharply. Become one with the seat...you are the icecream on the icecream cone. Don't perch. Nestle in.:D
  4. asuwish

Anyone else used Polished Concrete

Thank you for all your replies and links. Lots of good information for me to ponder - especially the last link that refers to staining and how if anything, including drywall dust hits the floor, the stain will react. I'm passing that great tidbit on to my contractor! I will keep you posted as...
  5. asuwish

Vessel sinks and plumbing

Hey HoneySuckle, Don't give up on the vessel sink yet. Let's clarify - are you talking about an above the counter sink, pictured in your first link or a "normal" sink (sunk into the vanity) as shown in your second link? I had an "above the counter" sink installed. It wasn't that expensive...
  6. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

Hey Janice. We had some pictures of the look we were going for, but our "Remodeler" (general contractor) designed and made the vanity/countertop and chose a sink that would fit the scale of the bathroom. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I imagine you've already figured this out by now!:)
  7. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

The countertop is just over 28" from the floor and the top of the lav rim is at 31 1/2". Why are lav rims at 32"? Janice, I'm not sure my experience with this kind of sink is going to help you. I have a six year old boy who loves to play with the soap pump AND the tap so there is always...
  8. asuwish

Need 3 new toilets

HoneySuckle, We just had an elongated toto supreme installed. It's low-flow and low profile and one piece. It flushes everything out with one flush including the wads of toilet paper my 6 year old tends to use occasionally. It's not a gmax and not pressure assisted (as far as I know). Tip...
  9. asuwish

Big basement bathroom project

That's a beautiful bathroom. Nice colour choices. Congrats. Don't you love your warm tile floor? I like the ceiling fixture by the washer/dryer. What's the brand name and where did you purchase it?
  10. asuwish

Any market for reclaimed retro fixtures?

Thanks, Cookie, for the info on Freecycle. Turns out it's happening in my town too. My family can definitely donate tonnes of stuff that we have been hoarding over many years. Time to clean out the crawl space.
  11. asuwish

Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON

think twice. Sigh... Flushing teflon down the drain just doesn't seem right. The chemicals end up in the ocean (specifically PFOA) - in the fish - and wow - you get the teflon that you purchased right back again, even more concentrated, except this time it stays in your system (and your...
  12. asuwish

mini moat around shower drain

Thank you for your responses. breplum, you are wise in replacing parts with ones that work better. Wish my plumber had such foresight. It is a fancy stall; not sure what UPC is but it meets the code in our area. If that's the way it is; that's the way it is. I will ask about the...
  13. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

Was that metal ring around the sink really called a "beauty ring"? That's pretty funny as it was hideous by the time the demolition came along - "rusty dirt catcher" was more like it. I didn't realize that other homes were equipped with this feature. It must have been hip in the 60's. I'm...
  14. asuwish

Dirt?in the water

carbon particles Hey there. The brita uses activated carbon to "cleanse" the water. Sometimes you get little specks of carbon from the filter in the top part of the pitcher. (If it's a faulty filter you may get them in the bottom part of your pitcher.) Use the first two pitchers of filtered...
  15. asuwish

mini moat around shower drain

Is this drain installed correctly? Should there really be a pool of water that doesn't go down the drain after each shower? And isn't gunk going to get caught there rather than being washed away? How do I break it to the plumber :eek: sure hope the whole darn shower stall doesn't have to be...
  16. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

before pics and low shelf I wish I was a handy-woman, but, alas, I do not have the skills and so I've had to hire contractors to do the whole thing. I am a patient woman, however. I did the research on the toilet and that's the reason I've become rather hooked on this site. I can't tell too...
  17. asuwish

Show off - new bathroom

I would like to show off our (almost) completed bathroom. It's only taken 4 and a half months... toto supreme toilet, maax shower stall, american standard sink, grohe eurodisk faucet and grohe shower; custom built vanity and radiant heating in the floor - ahhhh, that feels so nice. I will try...
  18. asuwish

Toto install on heated floor

Thanks for that tidbit. I may have to rethink the polished concrete. The contractors I have working for me are not that careful either, but the general contractor is a perfectionist so I know he would fix any "mistakes". How long did it take you to do the job - the staining, neutralizing and...
  19. asuwish

Anyone else used Polished Concrete

I am having my bathroom renovated and I'm considering putting in a polished concrete floor and tub deck. I think it looks awesome from the sites I have searched but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble for such a small space. Has anyone else on this site done this? Any pros/cons to share with...
  20. asuwish

Toto install on heated floor

alternety, I don't have a solution to your problem but I think I might have some similar issues regarding caulking adhering to concrete sealer. Didn't think of it before now...I'm thinking of putting in a polished concrete floor with radiant heat - it hasn't been installed yet. Are you doing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks