Search results

1. Rbrockman

Float switch circuit protection

Hi, I'm in the process of re-wiring a control panel in a wellhouse. One of the things that I'm concerned about is the circuit protection for the float switch wiring. I see that most suggested float circuits such as this one below tie off of a leg going to the pump. This means that the...
  2. Rbrockman

Well Pump into low flow RO unit

Thanks for the feedback! This then allows me to keep things simple. Yes - the pump is controlled by a float valve in the RO storage tank.
  3. Rbrockman

Well Pump into low flow RO unit

I have a pump in a well which is providing the water source for a 3000 gpd reverse osmosis unit. The RO uses 2-3 gpm. Currently I have a pressure regulator inline between the well pump and RO input to keep the input pressure in check at around 40-50 psi. It occurs to me that perhaps this...
  4. Rbrockman

Installing shut-off ball valve

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
  5. Rbrockman

Installing shut-off ball valve

I have a 1.5" PVC sch40 main irrigation line and would like to install an inline shut-off ball valve. What is the best way to insert a 1.5" ball valve inline? I have to dig to get access to the pipe, and since it's 1.5" it's not going to flex allowing simple slip-slip connections. I'm...
  6. Rbrockman

Reverse Osmosis vendors

I am looking for recommendations for a reverse osmosis vendor. Are there a few high quality manufacturers in the US market I should be looking at? Basic requirements are 300 gallons per day and need to remove 520 mg/L sodium in water with overall TDS of 1500 mg/L. It's well water so no...
  7. Rbrockman

Advice on well water conditioning & filtration system

As I begin to understand the water quality situation further, it is beginning to look like with this level of Sodium and overall TDS a whole house RO system may be required. Using an estimate of water usage of 60 gal/day/person, and there are on average 2.5 persons in the home then I'll need a...
  8. Rbrockman

Advice on well water conditioning & filtration system

We recently purchased a newer home with a well and would like to put in a water conditioning/filtration system. I'm more concerned with improving the quality of the water if possible than the cost of an effective system. Currently we don't consider the water drinkable due to the taste. Water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks