Search results

1. Loiwin

Please help: recommendation for Reverse Osmosis system for drinking

Hi all, I have received such great advice from many on this forum and didn’t know where else to post this. I did have a question as far as reverse osmosis systems under the sink for drinking, as it is very overwhelming with so many options and products. I am looking for a basic (cost...
  2. Loiwin

Please help: recommendations for Reverse Osmosis system

Hi all, I have received such great advice from many on this forum. I did have a question as far as reverse osmosis systems under the sink for drinking, as it is very overwhelming with so many options and products. I am looking for a basic (cost effective) but good RO system with good...
  3. Loiwin

Quick question: recommended maintenance on water softener

Hi all, I’ve installed a 64000 grain water softener with Fleck 5600sxt in 2018. With the help of all of y’all I was able to successfully program the softener for max efficiency. I just got an email to schedule a service from a company that initially installed the softener for me. Among the...
  4. Loiwin

Have to replace tile if have toilet leak?

Hi all, I have a general question. So I noticed yesterday the bathroom cabinet and surrounding tiles, about 1/2 ft around the toilet on the 2nd floor had some water damage. The tiles weren’t wet or feel wet, but the grout seems wet and has some buildup or mold. The silicone around the base of...
  5. Loiwin

Have to remove tile around toilet if water leak?

Hi all, I have a general question. So I noticed yesterday the bathroom cabinet and surrounding tiles, about 1/2 ft around the toilet on the 2nd floor had some water damage. The tiles weren’t wet or feel wet, but the grout seems wet and has some buildup or mold. The silicone around the base of...
  6. Loiwin

Quick question: BF time when decreasing from 40k to either 36 or 32k grain

Hi all! Currently I’m running Fleck SXT 64000 grain water softener and with all of your forums help i was able to configure it to 40000 grain with BF = 8 mins. However, I my family isn’t using up the 2900 gallons of soft water before manual regeneration at 30 days (recommended by this forum)...
  7. Loiwin

Quick question: how to sanitize water softener?

Hi all, You all have been very helpful to me on this forum, it’s been one year since I’ve installed my water softener. The installer mentioned to use a sanitizing kit once a year, what does this entail or can I sanitize the softener in an easier way? Is this even required? He also mentioned...
  8. Loiwin

Water leaving yellow stain after new water softener

Hi everyone, Just wanted to give an update and also had an observation. It’s been roughly 10 days since the install of a water softener and everything seems to be going fine so far. However, I notice the toilet water especially has a slight light yellow (pee) color to it, as if I can’t...
  9. Loiwin

Advice on RO system for my home

Hi everyone, I’m not sure where to post this so I’ll try here. I am looking for an RO (reverse osmosis) system, I’ve gotten some help from dittohead and others. A couple of questions I have is, is his the best water to drink at home (I have small children), which brands/types do you recommend...
  10. Loiwin

Advice on RO system

Hi everyone, I’m not sure where to post this so I’ll try here. I am looking for an RO (reverse osmosis) system. A couple of questions I have is, is his the best water to drink at home (I have small children), which brands/types do you recommend and do you recommend adding minerals back in...
  11. Loiwin

Advice on my situation of sizing water softener

Hi all, I’ve done a lot of research and read through many threads here and got a general idea of which size softener to get, however I’m still unsure of which size to buy for my situation, I have received different recommendations from multiple sellers/plumbers. I would greatly appreciate your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks