Search results

1. Wilson01

Sub panel

The main panel in the house that’s fed from the utility company does have ground rods. I also have a sub panel in my first floor because it’s a modular home. I would be feeding the sub panel in my shed off the main panel box. The 4/3 TC measures 3/4” and the 6/3 pump wire measures roughly 9/16”...
  2. Wilson01

Sub panel

I thought if I ran 4 wire and bonded the panel I didn’t need ground rods ? Also the 6/3 submersible pump wire is twisted and not jacketed. And the junction box I have is 8x8x6” deep. Would that work ? Thanks for your help Steve
  3. Wilson01

Sub panel

I want to put a sub panel in my shed for a few circuits. It’s roughly 150’ run from my panel in the house to my shed. I already have conduit run the whole way. I was given two pieces of wire that I wanna use and I already have a 8”x8” junction box. One wire is 6/3 THW submersible pump wire with...
  4. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

I ordered a 1” double check valve assembly from the sprinkler warehouse and I’m going to order 6 Rainbird 100-DV inline valves.I’m going to put the DCA in my basement and then go through the concrete wall with 1” pex and then use an adapter to switch to pvc pipe. The sprinkler warehouse sells a...
  5. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

Thanks I’ve had numerous conversations with Cary Austin and a CSV is not an option with my set up. I will look into what parts and valves I need before making a decision
  6. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

I have a well pump so could I tap into my water line just after my pressure tank it’s a 1” line then I could run it directly to a sprinkler valve manifold and then get a 6 zone sprinkle controller. Would that be the correct way to do it ? I just don’t know if I’d need anti siphon valves and not...
  7. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

Another question where would you guys suggest to buy a 4 zone and 2 zone preassembled sprinkler manifold, the in ground boxes and a control to operate 6 zones ? This all new to me as to what I would need. If using control valves would increase my water flow maybe this is the direction I should go ?
  8. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

The pressure reducer and backflow preventer are separate in the kit but are made of pretty cheap plastic. If I did ball valves what kind of a backflow preventer would you suggest ? Also do they make a fitting to go from the ball valve to garden hose thread ?
  9. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

I have 5 zones off my hose bibs. One bib has 3 zones, one outback has 2 zones and the last bib is a single zone. The backflow preventer that came with the Rainbird 32ETI kit is a Hendricks model J-10. I will post pictures of the kit, timer and backflow preventer I have. I should do control...
  10. Wilson01

Backflow preventer

I have a small rainbird sprinkler system I installed that comes off my hose bibs. I use a Orbit water timer on the sprinkler zones. The backflow preventers that came with the rainbird system restrict the water flow so much that the heads won’t pop up. I tried using shark bite in-line check...
  11. Wilson01

Voltage loss

At this point I’ll have to wait till spring/summer to have the power company come back. My camper and ac units have been put away for the winter. Thanks for the help
  12. Wilson01

Voltage loss

I had National Grid at my house this summer and they checked the voltage at my meter pan. The house was built in 2004 so the wires aren’t that old. I have a 200 amp service. When Nation Grid checked the voltage with no load it was 120/120/240. With a load and air conditioners on it was...
  13. Wilson01

Voltage loss

Right now I have 30 amp 120volts run out to the pedestal. I’m only using 3 of the 4 wires. The wire I actually ran is well pump wire that was given to me so all 4 wires are 6 gauge copper. I had thought in the future to running 240v to my shed with a small panel box.
  14. Wilson01

Voltage loss

I ran a 6/3 copper with ground 150’ from my panel to a 30 amp 120 volt RV plug. The problem I have is in the summer when my house ac is running the voltage in the RV drops to 106-108 volts. I know this is to low run anything in my RV. Question is would it fix my issue if I changed the breaker to...
  15. Wilson01

RV outlet

Ok thanks Wayne
  16. Wilson01

RV outlet

I do have conduit run from my house to the pedestal with the 30 amp outlet. Inside my house I have the wire secured to the floor joist to the panel. Inside the house is 65 feet and from outside to the the pedestal is another 65-70 feet. I can run the other 65’ inside the house in conduit and use...
  17. Wilson01

RV outlet

Well I checked the voltage at the outlet for my camper and it’s 112v. I pulled my panel cover off and checked it right at the breaker and it’s 115v so I opened my meter pan and checked it right from the pole and I’m getting 116v on one leg and 117v on the other. Between both legs I’m getting...
  18. Wilson01

RV outlet

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll look into the voltage at my panel and the Autoformer
  19. Wilson01

RV outlet

I installed a 30 amp RV plug a few years ago and I never planned on running the air conditioner or the electric hot water tank. Now I want to be able to use the AC but I only ran 10/2 wire and the voltage drops to 105 volts. The run is 135 feet from my panel box so I was going to run 6 awg...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks