Search results

1. Gabek

Weak toilet flush, obstruction in vent?

I believe the manufacture date was 2005 or 2006 that I recall beings stamped somewhere on the toilet, so I think it was part of the "good" generation of water saver toilets. I did break it open, and found nothing at all in the trap. No dead squirrel, not even minor buildup. Still very...
  2. Gabek

Update: Decided to go for a new toilet and see what happens. Much to my surprise, I seem to have a winner now. I will be taking a sledgehammer to the old one and report my findings. Unless a squirrel crawled up the trap and died while I had it set up in the backyard, I'm really not sure what...
  3. Gabek

Correct, the white one was in there originally and had gone bad. And I only mentioned the bottom of the ring because the ring was still smooshed against the bottom of the bowl making full contact.
  4. Gabek

Every time. No solid, no paper, just water from the tank. Flushed perfectly out in the yard on blocks.
  5. Gabek

That's what I thought too, so I pulled the toilet and there was zero shifting of the wax ring. It remained stuck to the bowl, completely around the trap opening and not obstructing, and there was evidence of deformation around the entire bottom of the ring indicating full contact. Understood...
  6. Gabek

It's never worked really well, but it always managed a decent flush before I started down this path. I'd say it's probably 10-12 feet to where it connects to the main. For what it's worth, another thing I did while the toilet was pulled was dump a couple gallons down the drain. It took it as...
  7. Gabek

Hello everyone. I'm really close to calling a professional, but I wanted to throw this one out there because it's been really unique. I am but a simple homeowner, but have dealt with a thing or two. This one is weird. Background: 1) I have a "basement" (bottom floor on try-level) toilet that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks