Search results

1. smellyinmd

Terrible Sewer Gas Smell From Bathtub Drain, Stumped 3 Plumbers

I will have to try the manometer experiment you suggested to see, thanks.
  2. smellyinmd

Thanks for all the tips guys. I did some testing today and have found a correlation with the air\smell with my ac\attic fan. In the morning, AC was off, attic fan was off, there was no smell and no air blowing out (that I could sense). Later, turned on the AC, attic fan still off, I could...
  3. smellyinmd

It is a fan in my attic that blows hot air out of the attic. The roof also has 4 air vents to try and replace this air. Looks like this from my attic https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/Attic-fan-underneath-roof.jpg/220px-Attic-fan-underneath-roof.jpg Yea I probably...
  4. smellyinmd

Plumber did not see any holes in the pipe, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of something being loose. My next step might be to open the drywall and investigate. I have to open up the drywall behind the bathroom to investigate. I doubt that the trap is in the wrong place because this was...
  5. smellyinmd

I can definitely feel the air coming out of the drain. When you say bad trap, what do you mean? Like cracked or something? It's holding water fine so I dont know what could be wrong with it.
  6. smellyinmd

Thanks for the reply. I poured bleach down last night and today there is no sewer smell! However, there is a bleach-y smell blowing out of the drain. The trap is still full of water, any idea on why there is air blowing out of the bathtub drain?
  7. smellyinmd

I am getting this terrible sewer gas smell coming from my bathtub drain. It is practically blowing out of my drain and fills up the house with terrible odor if I leave it uncovered for more than a few minutes. Generally, the smell is worse during the day than it is at night. The tub gets used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks